Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

South/South East Breakfast Roll

beetlebug

Club Member
Club Member
January 1, 2010
celbridge
well, just back in the door. a great day all round, and the sun god was good to us!!

took some pictures, will post them later as my connection is crap at the moment and wont upload to photobucket.

the gold bug done good. starter gave a few probs, but plenty of volunteers for pushing. the drive and views were spectacular, and the food wasnt half bad either. had a mini convoy back with myself, ann and pj, but then the demons struck:

comming thru hollywood, goldie lost power. a quick look under the lid showed more dirt in the fecking filter, and it empty. a little wiggling and we set off again. another seizure in naas, and once again a little wiggling of the pipe we set off once more, and bid pj farewell. our final fuel related stoppage was a mile from home, but we managed to nurse her back. on the plus side, not once after theses unscheduled stops did the starter fail us, small mercies then.

fair play to the lads who travelled up for this, keith, aidan pj and michael, great effort all round.

looking forward to something similar in the near future if this weather keeps up!

beetlebug

Club Member
Club Member
January 1, 2010
celbridge
got pics uploaded...

the line up in the spawell...

Photo0910.jpg

Photo0911.jpg

in transit...

Photo0913.jpg

Photo0912.jpg

Photo0917.jpg

Photo0916.jpg

Photo0915.jpg

arty farty shot..

Photo0914.jpg

Photo0918.jpg

the laragh line up..( check out the colour of the sky!!)

Photo0923.jpg

Photo0921.jpg

grubs up...

Photo0922.jpg

back outside..

Photo0919.jpg

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Thanks for all that came, shame I was bug-less.
It was a nice spin out, and a nice day for it.
Was good to see Ann's car out, nice motor. Thanks for the lift up and back Aidan,
thats a lovely car you have. Food was good too.

Maybe we should do another one some time in August?

keithincork

Club Member
Club Member
September 12, 2009
Just Chilling
Glad you all made it home, got back about 7ish drove the daylights out of all the way back, Thanks to Aidan for the loan of the spare belt, thankfully i didn't need it,

mintman

Club Member
Club Member
December 23, 2009
meath
hi , good day for it , glad i took the spin up,and the young lad got to his first meet:lol:
nice to meet some more of ye s and see your cars/buses
Image0546.jpg

Image0547.jpg

and spotted on the n4 on the way up,not sure your name
DSC03029.jpg

Last edited:

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin
South/South East Breakfast Roll

Really sorry I couldn't make this, looks great. Definitly let's set another one up for August.

Jesus Liam, Ann's gold bug looks amazing, you did a great job on it... she must be well pleased with it.

Well done Michael for more great event organising.

jim1500

June 1, 2007
Lads would it not make more organising this again next year maybe moving the date as it clashes with Oxo? Two events on same day when people could attend both if on different weekends???? : )
Oxo is always on weekend after Mayday : )

jim1500

June 1, 2007
............ meant to say would it not make more sense............ d'oh : )

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Lads would it not make more organising this again next year maybe moving the date as it clashes with Oxo? Two events on same day when people could attend both if on different weekends???? : )
Oxo is always on weekend after Mayday : )

Jim your right, I organised the date for the 8th then had to change to the 9th. Only found out Oxo
was on last weekend last month. Too late to change. Definately move it onto the next weekend so.

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Dates for meets and cruises are generally just randomly picked depending on who's free at a given time. I doubt it will clash next year but that's a LONG way away. Most of us will have been made redundant and have sold our cars by then anyway ;)

58Panel-Youny

Club Member
Club Member
November 26, 2009
wicklow
Dates for meets and cruises are generally just randomly picked depending on who's free at a given time. I doubt it will clash next year but that's a LONG way away. Most of us will have been made redundant and have sold our cars by then anyway ;)

do you not mean we'll be made redundant and living in our cars/vans??:p

jim1500

June 1, 2007
Jim your right, I organised the date for the 8th then had to change to the 9th. Only found out Oxo
was on last weekend last month. Too late to change. Definately move it onto the next weekend so.

Cheers dude the more events the better : )

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Wicklow run May 10th July

Wicklow run May 10th July

Lads why not do another one? any objections.
Lets say 10:30 at the same spot. (Spawell off the M50) For the Saturday 10th of
July. If the weathers good it'll be great.

Not sure about the route, the Wicklow gap is a good road.
I know Rocky had a few good suggestions. The roundwood Inn is supposed to be good
for pub grub too.

I'm just throwing this out, not set in stone. What do you's think?