Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

SWB beach buggy project for sale

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
not for the faint hearted, it's quite a project.

included are:

a mk1 GP SWB body tub and bonnet/dash panel. The fibreglass has seen quite a few knocks and bumps and looks pretty much unloved. Will need quite a bit of repair work

aluminium screen frame and screen glass, with rubber seal along the bottom.

uncut beetle rolling chassis (i.e. would need to be shortened), good floors. Currently LHD but that's an easy swap over. Front beam and brakes all present, gearbox and rear brakes all present. No engine present.

steering column, RHD pedals, RHD steering box, wiring loom, tombstone tail lamps all available to go with the project. Probably have other parts too if they're needed. All will be included in price.

All this lovely goodness for €500.

Get buggying in time for summer!

2010-01-30buggyshell002Medium.jpg

2010-01-30buggyshell001Medium.jpg

(note cage not included :) )

riggsi

Club Member
Club Member
June 12, 2008
Meath
where do you pick this stuff up Trev,would you sell the tub on its own?do you know how much its shortened by?

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
I might be able to get a bonnet for that, I know where my uncles old bonnet mould is, I just have to get it back, Dereck has the body mould, just missing the bonnet, I must make a call and reunite the pair!!!

Go on Riggsi, you know you want to, you have a chassis there, the bodys are only shortened by either 14 or 15inchs, so Im sure it would'nd be that far off if it was and inch out, you could probably get away with it!!!!

Last edited:

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
great, I have the reg number for the chassis too (thanks to an Eircooled member ;) ) so a replacement log book can be found. Despite being LHD it has an old Irish number.

If both of you want to take one half each make me an offer on them, total asking price is €500.

I'm trying to raise cash for a new welder, mine shit itself so it's time for a newer and hopefully better one. Anyway, I'll realistically never get around to sorting this buggy, I have too many projects!!

riggsi

Club Member
Club Member
June 12, 2008
Meath
I will get back to you later Trev,I might have to start saving for repair pannels.

buggyboyshane

Club Member
Club Member
November 5, 2007
up north :)
came with the house. It's so big, it blocks out the sun!

hey trev just thinking if anyone interested, i see the bonnet needs a bit of work, i have a mate selling complete bonnet/screen from a mk2 gp, only difference with yours is that the mk2 has the windscreen surround made of fibrglass too andis made part of the bonnet, instead of seperate windscreen frame. only if it helps your sale. :)

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
thanks Shane :)

sure leave it for the buyer to decide, personally though I think the alu window frame looks nicer than the fibreglass one :)

buggyboyshane

Club Member
Club Member
November 5, 2007
up north :)
thanks Shane :)

sure leave it for the buyer to decide, personally though I think the alu window frame looks nicer than the fibreglass one :)

me too buddy, but for someone looking to do it bit quicker its the easy option. my buggy started off the exact same way as yours, that orange gel coat, bits missing, its not really that hard to put together a buggy, just a bit time consuming

its a very fair price, i paid over twice that for my kit.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
cheers Shane, hopefully someone will see the potential in it, both your and George's buggies should serve as inspiration, any pics of yours to inspire folk? ;)

donegaldave

Club Member
Club Member
October 27, 2009
Newtowncunningham, Donegal
great, I have the reg number for the chassis too (thanks to an Eircooled member ;) ) so a replacement log book can be found. Despite being LHD it has an old Irish number.

If both of you want to take one half each make me an offer on them, total asking price is €500.

I'm trying to raise cash for a new welder, mine shit itself so it's time for a newer and hopefully better one. Anyway, I'll realistically never get around to sorting this buggy, I have too many projects!!
Did ya try clarke tools for a welder?(www.clarketools-uk.com). they seem have a good rep and the prices are right