Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] ZIPPY - 1974 1.3 TP Beetle

bug eireann

Club Member
Club Member
July 19, 2010
Midlands
For sale, ZIPPY, my 1.3 Twin Port Beetle which was first registered in February 1974, and is an Irish built car. I’m the third registered owner and have owned him for the past 8 years and in that time we’ve covered just over 10,000 miles. He has been very well looked after, and very reliable, and anything that needed to be replaced during that time was done. I’ve tried to keep the car original, although he has had some subtle upgrades to make him a very useable classic. Details of the car include:

New floor pans fitted
Heater channels replaced (so the car is actually warm in winter!).
Resprayed (he was originally blue)
(Photographs of floors being fitted, and of respray)
Re-upholstered (with matching piping to the bodywork)
Seatbelts fitted front and rear
New carpets
Electronic Ignition
Replacement battery
Adjustable pushrod tubes
Front disc brakes
New starter motor
Replacement front wheel bearings
New exhaust
Radio/CD/MP3 player fitted
Receipts for all work/materials/parts
Original Brown log book

Both engine and chassis numbers match log book. Mileage is showing at almost 80,000 miles (and I have no reason to believe this to be incorrect - the car sat in a VW dealer showroom for a number of years after being traded in by the original owner).

Other bits'n'pieces .... although not very fast he will sit comfortably at 50mph (well, that's as fast as I drive him), and deliver approximately 30mpg. Also, I have a smaller Mountney steering wheel fitted (as seen in the photos) but car will come with the original wheel as well. I'm keen for him to go to a good home (just like a puppy!) and hope someone on here will be interested, or know someone who might be.

I'm looking for €5750, but as with most things in life, that's negotiable. If you have any questions, or would like to arrange to view the car, send me a message. If you come to have look there will be no hard sales pitch - if it's the car for you I'm sure we'll settle on a deal, and if it's not for you, that's fine!

Finally, I love this car, I love the look, the feel, the charm, and the heritage, but I'm selling him because it seems I've hit that 'middle-aged man' stage of life where I want a car that's the same age as I am .... so I'm therefore looking to replace ZIPPY with a 1964 Beetle (and should you know of one in good condition please let me know!). Having said that, I COULD also be tempted with a Ghia!

Thanks for looking.

Graham

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ad 1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	536.0 KB ID:	386778

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ad 2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	539.6 KB ID:	386779

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ad 3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	540.5 KB ID:	386780

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ad 4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	516.3 KB ID:	386781

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ad 5.jpg Views:	1 Size:	601.9 KB ID:	386782

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ad 6.jpg Views:	1 Size:	516.7 KB ID:	386783

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ad 7.jpg Views:	1 Size:	557.8 KB ID:	386784

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ad 8.jpg Views:	1 Size:	586.8 KB ID:	386785

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ad 9.jpg Views:	1 Size:	491.9 KB ID:	386786

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ad 10.jpg Views:	1 Size:	402.2 KB ID:	386787

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe and Barnfind

bug eireann

Club Member
Club Member
July 19, 2010
Midlands
Feeling sadder than I thought I would. I know its only metal and glass and rubber and plastic, but I'm going to miss him. Here he is, just after being taken out of his home, and waiting patiently in the rain for the arrival of his new owner.....

.......am I regretting this already????

Screenshot_20180913-143025_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: Joe and Coxy

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Best of luck to the new owner. Hopefully we'll see them and the Bug here. They got a fabulous Beetle a serious bargain price. You couldn't restore one for that money.

So what's next????

bug eireann

Club Member
Club Member
July 19, 2010
Midlands
Genuinely sorry to see him go. I drew Mary's attention to the eircooled sticker on the front of the car, and highly recommended she log in and sign up.

Once i get over Zippy not being in the garage, i should be on the look out for a 1964 Beetle (or a Ghia....).