Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] wheel spacers

Alan B.

June 22, 2011
offaly
Need some wheel spacers lads,
20mm preffered but not a must.
Need to get this project done at this stage.
r25bfo.jpg

Alan B.

June 22, 2011
offaly
Thanks tsar, it got loads of work done over the last two weeks to get ready for last weekend. Lad in blanch fabricated the side baskets and what little body work is on it.
The paint was rushed but it done the job and when it gets its next coat it'll look better again.
Need to fit rails, and a new fuel tank. Using a jerry can at the min but I want something better to replicate the original look.

Then the wiring needs to be sorted. It runs, but isn't charging and the wiring is all over the place.

I have a set of wellers and chunky tyres going on soon as they're painted.
Just want to get a head start on finding spacers in case the stance isn't aggressive enough.
Although aggression will not be an issue when the gun mount goes on.

brianm

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2010
Tipp
I had to look at that pic for 5 minutes as i thought it was a model, beetle front beam on it? Looks very cool, what the story with it, have you a build thread?

Alan B.

June 22, 2011
offaly
No build thread, but I'll gather the pics I have of it and get em up.

It's a complete beetle floorpan,
Based on a real world SAS light strike vehicle.

It started out as a basic field use buggy, and we've cut and modified it a fair bit. Had brackets and the baskets made up,
And the front and rear deck made too. Needs some work but its nearly there. I'll be needing clocks and switches shortly aswell.

Alan B.

June 22, 2011
offaly
I don't know if that's a good comment on my picture or a bad comment towards our build ha ha haI'll get better pics up once I gather them all and put a thread up. Glad you all like it anyway

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
just checked there, I only have a pair of 10mm spacers in multi-fitment. They'll suit a 4x130 standard beetle hub but might be too slim for you. I got them in Halfords a couple of years ago. It might be easier to call into your local Halfords and buy a new pair than buying and posting mine.

alternatively, look them up on ebay. :)