Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

WANTED upper door hinge threaded plate

irishtrains2730

February 21, 2008
mallow
Has anyone got a pair of these for sale for the upper hinges on a 74 bug the same as in the pic. Work has stopped now :(

Attachments

• F6845CC4-E5A6-4793-80D0-8F086725DE6A.jpeg
    F6845CC4-E5A6-4793-80D0-8F086725DE6A.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 81

BLZEEDUB

March 1, 2007
tipperary

...I haven't bought anything from them but have bought bits of werk34.de who probably also stock them.

If you have a bit of the right sized 3mm plate or whatever, you can make up your own - drill a hole for 'the middle of the fingers' then cut up to that, drill n tap the hinge captive screw holes...
If you don't have a tap set, welding nuts onto the rear would do but you'll reduce the 'hinge plate' adjustment as the nuts will hinder the plates range of 'float'

Reactions: Tim and trev

irishtrains2730

February 21, 2008
mallow

...I haven't bought anything from them but have bought bits of werk34.de who probably also stock them.

If you have a bit of the right sized 3mm plate or whatever, you can make up your own - drill a hole for 'the middle of the fingers' then cut up to that, drill n tap the hinge captive screw holes...
If you don't have a tap set, welding nuts onto the rear would do but you'll reduce the 'hinge plate' adjustment as the nuts will hinder the plates range of 'float'
Just looked and they have them but shipping is horrendous. The thickest metal I have is 2mm which is not quite thick enough. Auto craft do them when in stock

BLZEEDUB

March 1, 2007
tipperary
Just looked and they have them but shipping is horrendous. The thickest metal I have is 2mm which is not quite thick enough. Auto craft do them when in stock
...a local engineering company will give you or sell you for pocket change an offcut whatever thickness you want, if you talk nice to them, you could bring the remains with you - they'd probably even have a cut near the size to save you cutting....

I've found the ones in A pillar repair panels, regardless of quality, are either too thin metalwise or the holes are slightly off when you try a hinge on them, so you end up making up your own anyways...
...free off the little securing strip, n scrap bin them, put in your own then weld back the wee securing sliver...

Reactions: irishtrains2730