Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] wanted t25 cu engine

shifty

Eircooled Club Chairman
Club Member
March 21, 2012
Dublin 22
hi guys.
im new here and new to the nightmare that is air cooled vw.s id like to say hello to every one and im also wondering if anyone has a 2lr cu engine for sale or if some one could recommend anywhere that do recon engines or parts or could recon my own engine.
thanks.

mick.

shifty

Eircooled Club Chairman
Club Member
March 21, 2012
Dublin 22
Thanks lads,I might do that if I can't get it sorted myself.were is the best place for parts in Ireland.

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
for starters whats wrong with it?

best thing to do is get a "proper" appraisal and go from there, i would get on the phone to dave @ bugbitz. ;-)

shifty

Eircooled Club Chairman
Club Member
March 21, 2012
Dublin 22
My engine is on 3 cylinders,low compression on cylinder no 1 (60 psi).not sure if it's rings or valves or head or what yet,I'll do some more tests at the weekend but a replacement engine would suit me as I haven't alot of time at the minute and I want to get some weekends away this summer.I also have another engine thats on two or three cylinders but i think its a carb prob on that one,I had that one in the van and had it checked out by Cosy campers and they recon it's mechanical prob but could nt rule out the carbs so I could prob make a running engine from the two or else I will get It rebuilt in the winter and start next summer with a reliable lump.me head is bleedin melted...decisions..decisions.. :)

Lorcan

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2010
Dublin
If it suits you,

I could build one runner out of the two, asuming you have 2 good heads, if you drop the van off I could turn it around fairly quick, have a fair amount of type 4 engine parts here.

l'm not far from naas / maynooth.

Lorcan 0876418341

shifty

Eircooled Club Chairman
Club Member
March 21, 2012
Dublin 22
cheers lorcan,
i plan to have a closer look at the engines again and maybe swap the head from one to the other but if i dont get any where with it ill defo give you a shout as the van is in kildare it would make sence,not too far to travel.im goin to have a chat with crazy legs about his engine.it might be handier to just swap the engine as i want to get the van painted in the next couple of weeks and refurb the interior before the summer so i need to get her running.

cheers.mick.

shifty

Eircooled Club Chairman
Club Member
March 21, 2012
Dublin 22
hi lads.
picked up an engine from krazykombies aka crazylegs and some service parts and cv boots and exhaust gaskets from jon in vw spares and the aul bitch is back up and running.thanks for all your help and offers of engines hopefully i wont be lookin for another one soon.
thanks.
mick.