Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

wanted sheet metal folder

beetlejuice66

August 22, 2009
portlaoise
does anyone have a sheet metal folder there not using and would sell or does anyone have a homemade one i could take a look at and make a similiar one for myself. just a handy sized one not too big and awkward

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
if you want to measure up mine you're more than welcome to. Just a little one, only about 2 feet wide but could be copied pretty easily I reckon...

beetlejuice66

August 22, 2009
portlaoise
cool thanks trev that would be great i will have a look at that so i have aquired some sheets of .7mm steel im thinking of folding drawers and making tool box i have a few sliders to use up should turn out well

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
http://www.justoffbase.co.uk/Sheet-Metal-Folder-Bench-Mounting-760mm-Sealey-DF760

That one is just 44 quid, Ive got the sealy vice mounted one at home and copied it using 75x75 angle iron, I made a table, welded on hinges and the another lenght of angle and added handles plus a lenght of angle for a clamp!! Basically copying tthe sealy one and I ended up with a 3M long folders the guys on the site use for bending flashing!!!

Theyre easy to make, but if its just for small stuff buy a cheap one!!

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
that sealey one is exactly what I have. The only problem I would point out is that it's purely a sheet metal folder, for putting bends along the full length of an item. If you want to make things like drawers, you'll need s box/pan folder, where the clamping bar that goes across the top to hold the sheet down has splits in it so you can fold up a pan and not have problems with the corners...

box-and-pan-folder.jpg