Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Wanted old Volksworld issue

natian08

Club Member
Club Member
April 4, 2009
Cork
Hi folks,
Im looking for an old issue of volksworld that someone told me about and they did a special on keeping your bus alive.I know Coxy is in the know there :D and any help you could give would be great,but if anyone has this issue and no use for it i will gladly buy it from them.
Thanks lads
Ian

natian08

Club Member
Club Member
April 4, 2009
Cork
Not sure coxy but he mentioned that when treating the underside of the bus to drill holes to put the treatment into and then putting grommets in to seal it.

Rocky

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2008
North Wexford
Its not an old issue of Volksworld, its a dedicated workshop guide offered by Volksworld Camper & Bus. I think there is one called 'Keeping Your Bug alive' also (Coxy correct me if i'm wrong)
They have issued one around Feb/March each year for the last three years, it may still be possible to get a copy of Issue Three 2010.
Each one deals with approx 20 step-by-step guides to basic maintenance/restoration etc.
I have a copy of all three, if there is something in particular your are interested in i can copy it for you.

EDIT: see Bofs link above!!!

Last edited:

natian08

Club Member
Club Member
April 4, 2009
Cork
That sound like it rocky.I wouldnt mind getting my hands on all 3.Do volksworld let you order from their back catalogue coxy?Thanks for that Rocky,if i cant get my hands on them there is one part in particular i wouldnt mind getting from ye.Sure i will message you if i cant get them.
Ian

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
The one with the orange bay on the cover? I'm sure I have it in work, you're welcome to it if it's there

natian08

Club Member
Club Member
April 4, 2009
Cork

:lol:

@ Justin,i will take that off your hands justin if your not using it for now.sure stick it by for me and we will sort something out on it,:D.Would you believe i never got to use the roof bars yet and i left them behind when i moved house but i was talking to the landlord today and i think they are still there,jammy.
Ian

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
I don't think it's the one you're looking for..

IMAG0184.jpg

natian08

Club Member
Club Member
April 4, 2009
Cork
Thats not the one Justin but it does have at least 5 of the first things i need to do to my bus.If your hanging onto it can i get a copy of a few things?