Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Wanted front seats Zwitter/early oval

Barnfind

Club Member
Club Member
August 5, 2014
Longford
Ok i know this is a longshot, does anyone know where i might get 2 front seats for a 53 deluxe oval beetle like whats in the photograph.
Its the beige herringbone pattern with brown beading.

Attachments

• photo26561.jpg
    photo26561.jpg
    657.1 KB · Views: 90

Kieran53

Club Member
Club Member
October 13, 2008
Cork
The phrase "hens teeth" springs to mind. You'll be doing really well if you can get a pair of pre-64 seat frames. Searched everywhere last year and only found one pair that needed a lot of work.

I have to ask, why so specific with the year? Do you have a '53 car?

Barnfind

Club Member
Club Member
August 5, 2014
Longford
The phrase "hens teeth" springs to mind. You'll be doing really well if you can get a pair of pre-64 seat frames. Searched everywhere last year and only found one pair that needed a lot of work.

I have to ask, why so specific with the year? Do you have a '53 car?

Its like this Kieran, if you don't ask you'll never know.
Yes, is an August 53 Oval which has a lot of the Zwitter parts/characteristics. The herringbone pattern was one of the fabrics available in the Deluxe options in split and ovals from that year, which is what the back seats are and the door cards are in my car. Its incredible how original the car is, but in the late 50's the front seats were replaced with later oval (adjustable back rest) type at the request of the then owner. The replacement seats are in incredible condition but are the wrong color.
Maybe there is somebody out there with earlier seats in a later car…lol
I could of course re-upholster the current seats but they are in such good original condition it would be a shame.

Reactions: stump

Kieran53

Club Member
Club Member
October 13, 2008
Cork
Have you posted pics of your car here on the site before? Would love to see pics of it as I have an April '53 bug myself.

Best of luck in the search.

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
That's beautiful. I heard this was coming to Ireland and I was wondering where it went. Instead of a 'like' button on this thread there should be one for green with envy :D

Well wear, that's just GORGEOUS!

Reactions: Barnfind