Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] Vented 6v deck lid wanted

Aidan

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2009
Kildare
I'm looking for a deck lid exactly like this one:

543361.jpg

Anyone got one to sell?

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
if you can't find one, a reasonable replica could be made using a 1302 vented decklid and an ordinary solid 6V lid. I've done it in the past and it turned out OK. It went to a chap in Kerry then wasn't used. Probably in a skip at this stage... :(

or there's a chap making perfect replica vents, you'll probably find him on thesamba or someone here will know. I believe the '02 vents aren't 100% correct for 6V lids. I'd imagine you'd pay handsomely for the perfect replicas though...

loadsabuses

Club Member
Club Member
May 8, 2009
kerry
if you can't find one, a reasonable replica could be made using a 1302 vented decklid and an ordinary solid 6V lid. I've done it in the past and it turned out OK. It went to a chap in Kerry then wasn't used. Probably in a skip at this stage... :(.

trev you will be happy to know that the deck lid you made is now in my shed . its still belongs to the other lad but i havent heard from him in ages

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Aidan I've a decklid from a 1302 here that you can have, the decklid is rusty but vents are perfect to weld into another vert.

Aidan

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2009
Kildare
Aidan I've a decklid from a 1302 here that you can have, the decklid is rusty but vents are perfect to weld into another vert.

Cheers Mikey - I'd like to take the easy way out and avoid the extra work. Can I keep you in mind while I search abroad?

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
get onto wolf pouzer at wolfparts, hell make you one, and they are pretty damn good, and not too expensive.

Aidan

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2009
Kildare
get onto wolf pouzer at wolfparts, hell make you one, and they are pretty damn good, and not too expensive.

Cheers Ben - his stuff looks great and he's not expensive when you look at the cost of getting one fixed up and converted here. Shipping's the only other issue but I'll talk to a welder today and then I'll know where I stand moneywise with the local option

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
Should have a faux one in the garage, I'll try and dig it out over the weekend...

Forgot all about this Aidan, sorry ...

Have one alright, it's a 6V one that had vents grafted in. Only pic I have at the moment is this one (back wall on the left, ignore the plank...)

I'll take some more pics shortly...