Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] TIP761: The Hedgehog

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
This hasn't moved from the spot it was left in after the Limerick Show, 2017 so I've decided to move it on.

The car itself is a 1970 Irish built, Kilkenny registered 1200 in pretty poor condition. Not beyond salvation it must be said but it'll need channels and some repair panels around the bottom. There is no interior whatsoever but I should have a back seat to stick in there. No fronts though. Originally Chinchilla grey it's been painted black at some stage in the past. Showing lovely patina now on the black. Shamrock glass all round.

Mechanically, I've put new points, condensor, spark plugs into it and it drove around my yard. There are no brakes to speak of.

In terms of upgrades, it's got a 6" narrowed beam with adjusters on the front, as well as a pair of disk brake drop spindles. There are disks on it but no calipers.

The rear has been adjusted to a 3" drop with the spring plates notched. As you can see, it's VERY low.

The wheels are genuine 1970s Wolfrace Slotmags, the fronts in standard 4x130 bolt pattern, the rears are in 4x101.5 pattern with the drums drilled but they still have the original 4x130 bolt holes there so a regular spare wheel will work all round. The fronts are 5.5" x 15" wheels with brand new Nankang 165/45R15 tyres. They have NEVER seen road. The most they've done is on and off the trailer. The rears are 7" x 15" wheels with 195/65R15 tyres stretched on. The tyres are in excellent condition but not brand new like the fronts. The rear wings have been split and widened to clear the rear tyres.
zEUhZPr.jpg

ggU1QE4.jpg

5GTUA5R.jpg

€700, bring a trailer.

build thread of sorts here:

https://www.eircooled.com/deforum/fo...0-the-hedgehog

Last edited:

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
you're actually right.
try pricing up a 6" narrowed adjustable beam, disk brake drop spindles, new tyres, original 70s slotmags etc etc etc