Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

The Brekkie Roll - 10yrs On!

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
The idea behind the original Brekkie Roll was something very simple: meet up on a Saturday morning at a cafe, have some brekkie and talk VeeDubs. Simplez!

The Brekkie Roll eventually evolved into Jumpstart after 3 years as the numbers grew. The concept of the Brekkie Roll was also rolled (no pun intended!) out across the club in various locations nationwide and was a great success.

Well, believe it or not that was 10 years ago this February so I thought why not mark this occasion and have another one. Lots of things have happened and much has changed in those 10 years, people have come and gone, cars have come and gone, others have never left and Eircooled continues to welcome new members. What has been a constant throughout that decade is the fun and comradery in our club so let's celebrate it with Brekkie Roll 2020

Date: Saturday February 8th 2020
Time: 11am
The Plan: There isn't one apart from show up, hopefully in a VeeDub, eat some brekkie and talk all things old VWs until they kick us out of the village!

Were you part of the original Brekkie Roll crew? Do you know someone who was there and maybe they've drifted away from the hobby? If you do, then why not get in touch with them and tell them to dust off their old Eircooled t-shirt and fire up their old VW and aim it at Loughmore on February 8th.
What? You didn't make it to the original Brekkie Roll? Well now's your chance! Come one come all!

There will be commemorative Brekkie Roll 2020 car stickers for everyone on the day, full Irish breakfasts will be served from early so you have been warned, it's happening one more time!

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Kev arrived in an Astra........morto for him :ROFLMAO:

I got a spin in Pauric's 356 that morning so all was not lost.

Don't think I can make this one unfortunately. I have something on that weekend. Good luck with it though and fair play for "Jumpstarting" the show season.

Reactions: Coxy

drifterex

Club Member
Club Member
September 18, 2008
Waterford, Éire
Sounds like a good buzz, but Saturdays are generally out for me. Yay, retail and all that. But in the unlikely event that I do happen to be off, I'll be up in the pink Honda (y)

Last edited:

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
I got a spin in Pauric's 356 that morning so all was not lost.

Don't think I can make this one unfortunately. I have something on that weekend. Good luck with it though and fair play for "Jumpstarting" the show season.

Jumpstarting the show season........I see what ya did there Kev ;) On stage you should be :ROFLMAO:

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
With less than 2 weeks to go I’d love to get an idea of numbers so I can let the Cottage Tea Rooms know roughly how many might be there.

Don't worry if you can’t bring your aircooled VeeDub, it’s February and not all old cars are awake yet! This is about getting together for a long overdue chat and giggle.
if you have your VW ready it would be really cool to see it there though.