Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Car] T25

banaltra

Club Member
Club Member
June 25, 2008
Dublin
Hey guys,
A friend of mine is looking for a good solid t25 to convert into a camper. If you know of any below e3k please pm me :)

Last edited:

kombi.noise

Club Member
Club Member
October 20, 2010
galway
i have a couple of tin top twin sliders
one with a 1.9d
the other with a wbx that wants changing.
1500-2000
optional interior for extra
same with hi top roof

banaltra

Club Member
Club Member
June 25, 2008
Dublin
Thanks Pete. I gave him your number earlier after micks post so hopefully he'll contact u.

paddiad55

Club Member
Club Member
May 31, 2012
Limerick
Hi, I'll just add this for what its worth regarding a camper conversion. I converted an Iveco van about five years ago and got it reregistered as camper having paid the additional vrt etc. I believe the regulations have tightened up quite a bit since then and meeting them is not as easy as it once was. I think your friend should seriously consider buying something sound that is already registered as a camper on the logbook and if it needs some tidying or a even complete makeover it will maybe be an easier(and cheaper) route to travel in the long run. While there is a great sense of satisfaction in doing your own conversion, the possible difficulty with reregistering and the hassle of dealing with Irish officialdom may take the good out of the project. Cheers, Pat.

banaltra

Club Member
Club Member
June 25, 2008
Dublin
Thanks Pat. Appreciate that advice. That's one of the reasons we got ours professionally converted. I'll pass on your words of wisdom ��

Bugnut

Club Member
Club Member
October 10, 2008
Meath
Good advice indeed.

As I'm sure you already know how easy it is to spend moneyon refurbs.
I bought a fixer up and I will struggle to come in at around 3k spend with all Labour by myself.

It is registered as a camper though , so dodged a bullet on that score.