Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] Steering Wheel

beag

Club Member
Club Member
July 16, 2009
Tipperary
The steering wheel in the 73 bug is 12 inches in diameter.
I find it a bit small for driving.
Anybody got a bigger wheel they want to part with?

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I might have something, I'll check tomorrow. Is it small splines or big? I can't remember which size spline a '73 bug would have. I have a nice mk2 Golf wheel that would be bigger than 12" but smaller and chunkier than a stock '73 "Wolfsburg" steering wheel. It might suit you if you're after something non-stock...

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
Don't think that'll suit trev without a boss thingie!! But of course i could be wrong!

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
But of course i could be wrong!

well there's a first time for everything!

It's currently on a beetle steering column, I just can't remember which year the column is from!

Sure didn't the 6N Polo steering wheel I gave you bolt right onto your '74 ;)

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
been sitting in a press for ages now so obviously would benefit from a clean but it's fitted directly to a beetle steering column. It's the type with the soldered on wires at the indicator switch, not the plugged in wires. That might help to date the column and determine the spline size.

But then the wheel mightn't suit you in which case the size of the splines doesn't matter a shite!

20120115_172311Medium.jpg

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
ah you can have it, I think I owe you a favour anyway!

using the Eircooled Pony Express I can get it to Limerick next weekend and drop it to Coxy's dad's place, he might bring it to the Limerick Breakfast Roll if you or any of the Thurles Chapter of the MM are going?

beag

Club Member
Club Member
July 16, 2009
Tipperary
ah you can have it, I think I owe you a favour anyway!

using the Eircooled Pony Express I can get it to Limerick next weekend and drop it to Coxy's dad's place, he might bring it to the Limerick Breakfast Roll if you or any of the Thurles Chapter of the MM are going?

That would be great Trev, many thanks.

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
I might be headin to that brekkie roll it be handier plus i'm good at delivering stuff!

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
If you want to fit it before the brekkie roll Beag then Trev can drop it to my Dad's house and if not then Postman Duts can bring it with him in Feb. Simplez!

beag

Club Member
Club Member
July 16, 2009
Tipperary
Leave it to coxys dads place if that's OK and I'll get it from there trev.
Thanks for the offer duts if that doesn't work out I'll let you know.

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
No stick it up your hole now the offer is gone!!!:p:p Never liked ya anyway. Agh no seriously no prob buddy just drop me a text if it doesn't pan out.