Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Stanford Hall VW Show 2019

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Stanford Hall is definitely one of my favourite VW shows. This year's special display was the Karmann Beetle Cabriolet, celebrating 70 years of the Beetle cabrio. The Cabrio Club UK were also celebrating their 40th anniversary and also 40 years since the end of Beetle cabriolet production. When friends of mine in the cabrio club suggested I bring my convertible over I didn't have to think twice about it. I booked my ferry and waited for the weekend to come!

I headed over on the Saturday morning Stena Line ferry and cruised over to Rugby to meet up with Mick, Mikey, Darren O'Brien and Alan O'Connor who had flown in earlier that afternoon. We may have consumed a few beverages and we may have giggled once or twice that night!

I met up with the cabrio club on Sunday morning and we cruised in convoy to Stanford Hall. We aimed to be there before 9am as the Split Screen Van Club have a convoy entrance after their AGM the night before but we were just a few minutes off and so we had to wait while 200 Splitties drove into the show. What a sight!

I followed Mick and Ann Johnstone to the show in their rare Oettinger Convertible. A cleaner late model I have yet to see. It really is better than new underneath.
Stanford Hall 2019 004.JPGStanford Hall 2019 005.JPG

Reactions: Joe

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
A few of the VWs in the For Sale area
Stanford Hall 2019 040.JPGStanford Hall 2019 039.JPGStanford Hall 2019 037.JPGStanford Hall 2019 038.JPG

This 1967 Type 3 Variant wasn't cheap at £12,000 sterling but it was gorgeous. It was a rare sunroof model too :cool:
Stanford Hall 2019 043.JPG

Mind you, for £12,000 I'd expect the wheel trims to be the right way around :ROFLMAO:
Stanford Hall 2019 044.JPG

Reactions: adrianfa and Joe