Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Parts] Sprintstars... 1750 engine..... other stuff............

Lazy Dog

Club Member
Club Member
October 14, 2008
Maghermore, Wicklow.
www.lazydays.ie
Got a set of SA Sprintstars/Rostyles wide fives for sale, 5.5 x 15 rears, 4.5 x 15 fronts, no curbing or buckles but they are a bit 'Rat look'..... Three decent tyres, one could do with replacing!
Don't really know what to ask for on these, they seem to fetch big money in the UK and silly money in the US...... open to sensible offers I suppose..................
P1030182.jpg

1600 exhaust with a Zoom tube, yes a Zoom tube, surface rust only, completely solid, perfect for a loud 'Rat looker'...... :D
P1030184.jpg
Next up a 1750 long block........ specs are......

Align bored AS41 universal case clearanced for 76mm crank

New CB 76mm C/W crank

New Scat C25 Cam and followers

New P & B's (85.5mm) match weighted to .5grm

New Auto Linea heads with reprofiled combustion chambers and long reach plugs

New light weight flywheel

New CB 26mm oil pump

Stock rockers and pulley

The engine had the correct cam break in and then I've put about 500 run in miles on it, pulled really well in my Split camper

Looking in the region of 2k please........

For an extra €600 you can have a pair of 36 Dells match ported manifolds, linkage and filters and a rorty exhaust...!!

Next up is a Sealey blasting cabinet......... like this one...............

http://www.sealey.co.uk/PLPageBuilder.asp?id=20&method=mViewProduct&productid=7824

Leaks like a mother fucker from the view screen, but with a little time and effort I'm sure it can be made to seal up ok.... €150 ono

So..... some bikes next........

Montessa Cota 350, 1978.... I rebuilt the engine on this about 4 years ago and it may have had 1 hours running time since, absolute pig to start but was fine once warmed up, this is a resto project really but it's all there.... €750

Kawasaki H1 500cc Triple........

Again I rebuilt the engine on this about 6/7 years ago, minimal use since, Wiseco pistons and Denco race pipes, been sat in my (dry) shed for years so probably looking a bit scruffy(ish) now.......... ring if interested.........

Finally I might be prepared to part with my Honda CBX 1000z

6 cylinder twin shock from 1980, bike is in decent order, og pipes but some pitting on the headers, rebuilt calipers all round, starts but could really do with the carbs servicing, I can't be bothered 'cos it's a fairly onerous job, again if you're interested or know someone who may be best to ring me and discuss........

Ta very much people..........

Pat...... 087 2842767..........

Lazy Dog

Club Member
Club Member
October 14, 2008
Maghermore, Wicklow.
www.lazydays.ie
Not sure if they fit a 181 Paul, if it's a 205 pcd they will, I'm sure one of the more knowledgeable people on here will be able to say.........

As for price I have no idea either, let me do a bit of research and I'll give you a shout..........

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
Pat fyi, i sold a set of genuine restored 5.5 and 4.5 sprints (not s.a) for £550, after that prices went as far as £1500 for a set but have since dropped back down a bit, more than likely due to the repro sprints that are now available, i do not believe there is a repro of the s.a sprint, i have seen them advertised for crazy money, £1000 for a set of crusty shite ones, but wether they sold at that price i have no idea. I think if you were to let them go without getting the scenesters all moist in the process then i would say £500-£600 would be a fair and reasonable price ( if thats not a million miles away from what the market is dictating), I don't get why people pay so much for them, i always thought s.a sprints were cast offs, not a patch on genuine sprints but they are rare and not repro'd, so people will pay the monies.

Last edited: