Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] oval rear window clip

LWR75H

Club Member
Club Member
August 11, 2014
Dublin
I know guys it is an almost impossible thing to get..but I am looking for a rear oval ( or split even better ) window clip...yes I know....there are a few in thesamba.com but postage from US to Ireland it's for that item is unthinkable.. we are talking about 900 usd to 1000 usd so thats not a option...
if anyone has one I am willing to pay good money for it...
even fiberglass would be fine...
let me know

LWR75H

Club Member
Club Member
August 11, 2014
Dublin
Hi Trev,
I have my 1970 beetle stripped to bear metal and I will love to fit the rear oval window...I have already the w decklid and the snowflake lights...would be nice to have the window too...

Tony

Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2012
Arklow
There used to be a fiberrglass kit available.prepare for the stock folks to attack ;) Not everyone in the VW world would concider that a good idea. Have you pics up of the project?

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
if that's your plan it'd be best to find a fibreglass kit. Have a look on Volkszone in the UK maybe? At least if it's bonded in then you can bust it out when you get a pang for conservation in the future and your 1970 beetle starts to get valuable.

loadsabuses

Club Member
Club Member
May 8, 2009
kerry
I would have a fiberglass split window kit that was fitted into a 70s bug I scrapped .I just cut the rear part of the roof off .

brianm

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2010
Tipp
looks like theres a market there, any one store a truck load of oval or rear split windows from when they were removed ;)
download.jpg