Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Ostküste 2016, June 26th

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
13394123_10153529532886651_3046479453070843969_n.jpgOkay its time to get off the fence and do something I've been on about for ages.

Following the success of our Cristmas Cruise, we've decided to organise an Oldschool VAG show here in Wicklow. The finer details will be ironed out and posted soon but I'm just letting you all know as it's pretty close.

On Sunday the 26th of June there will be a fundraising show an shine held at The Farriers Inn, situated in the Vale of Avoca by the old copper mines in Co.Wicklow.

The Show an Shine is aimed at all Aircooled VW's, All Watercooled VAG up to MK3 Golf era cars and all models of Transporter. (Caddies too). Awards will be handed out on the day.

For those not too keen on polishing, there will be a road run organised through the surrounding Wicklow hills, with a road book to follow and marshals on route.

The run will take place at 11am, followed by the show at 1pm. TBC.

Camping (with toilet disposal) is be available onsite on Saturday the 25th with the possibility of entertainment in the pub that night.

All proceeds will go to a local charity, www.Tiglin.ie , a drugs and alcohol rehab centre based near Ashford, which is run by fellow VDub owner (beetle an bay camper), Phil Thompson.

It would be great if you could join us, there's plenty to see an do in the area, so you could make a weekend of it. Don't forget, this is the Avoca made famous by the old Wollen Mills and Ballykisangel. You could visit Avondale house and gardens, or Glendalough is just up the road. Alternative camping is available close by at either Hidden Valley or River Valley holiday parks.

Thanks,

Tsar.

Last edited:

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I'll pencil it on the calendar and try to be there!!

be great to have something going on on the East Coast.

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
Cheers lads, yeah I've been harping on about the lack of East Coast VW stuff an now with the Dublin meets gone it was time to do something about it. I'll have mor details an a poster soon.
i may get a few monthly meets going over the summer too.

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
No Duts, afraid not, :( I don't have Coxy's contacts;). Anyway I'd say the lads have used up Ireland's quota of freebies for 2016.

I'm meeting the lads so we can finalize the details and get poster out over the weekend.
The run will be around 17miles long an will include some treasure hunt/observation questions along the way to keep the family entertained. There'll be prizes for this too. If you dont want to join in on the run, theres no need, just chill by the river or polish your car for the show n shine. I'm currently sorting raffle prizes too and there'll be music on site all day.

Rocky

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2008
North Wexford
Great location and close to me but unfortunately i'm away on hols, typical!!! :wallbash:
Best of luck Tsar, fair play for organising.