Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

October 27th 2007 :: Eircooled Trip to Wolfsburg

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
I have put details of the trip to Wolfsburg on the website. The cost for flights and 2 nights in a 3 star hotel is coming in at about €400 per person. We could do it cheaper but it would involve changing planes and staying in a dive of a hotel and we would save €100 each max. If we get enough people (>10) I should be able to knock a few quid off as we will get group rates. If you are interested please pay as soon as possible as the earlier we book the cheaper it will be. Your money is guaranteed to be returned in the event of the trip not going ahead for any reason. Stick your name in this post if you are interested or have any comments or questions.

http://www.eircooled.com/showevents.aspx#wolfsburg07 (see bottom of page for dates and prices)

It should be great craic with a whole day and 2 nights in Berlin, plus a full day in Wolfsburg, and as it is a B/H weekend you don't even need to take a day off work. =D>

S

Suze

I really want to go on this but money could be a problem so can I provisionally book for

Me, Paul & My dad

P

Paul C

the same weekend as RAWKTOBERFEST III, so unfortunately there is no way i could go :(

sorry guys

cheers
paul :D

P

Paul C

RAWKTOBERFEST is the same weekend every year lady, last weekend of october.

cheers
paul :D

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
very sorry we have double booked this Paul :( a complete oversight :oops:

We will make sure to mark Rawktberfest on the eircooled calendar for next year....and of course this year for those that don't go to Germany 8) of that is okay with you and the lads, Paul :)

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Folks, I have been in contact with a lot of travel agents in relation to this, and we could possibly get the price as low as €287pps or €361 single in a very nice hotel in central Berlin. If we get over 10 people we can knock even more off that. That is still flying direct from Dublin or Cork with Aer Lingus. The catch is we would need to put a deposit on soon enough. Can we confirm how many people are interested - just stick your name below. I am definitely going as is the missus and my uncle, Tom & Claire are in, so that is 5 already. If we can get 5 more dead certs I can renegotiate downwards again.

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
What deposit will we each put on this - say 250 each and then the balance later when total finalised????

Should we post a cheque and to who? I feel we will lose out big time if we do it through paypal eventhough it would be very easy :)

thunderbug

Club Member
Club Member
April 1, 2007
foxford
:cry: would love to go BUT :x :evil: we have 1 wedding done 2 in june /july & 1 in england in october & beetle to pay for somewhere between

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
Need to know who is going and a deposit asap
PM Ruairi or myself and five us the names as they are on your passport

Wolfsburg trippers:
Claire Roberts
Tom Roberts

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Wolfsburg trippers:
Claire Roberts
Tom Roberts
Phil Buckley
Helen Buckley
Ruairi Browne
Edel Browne

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Final Costs & Details

Final Costs & Details

home.jpg

The final cost of this is €300 per person sharing or €365 for one person in a room.

The final details are as follows.

Flight Saturday 27th October
Depart Dublin 0605
Arrive Berlin 0910

Accomodation Saturday & Sunday Night
Franke 3* Hotel, Berlin (including Breakfast Buffet)

Flight Monday 29th October
Depart Berlin 1035
Arrive Dublin 1200

We will decide on an itinerary closer to the time, but we will probably visit Wolfsburg on Sunday and do something around Berlin on Saturday. Of course people can come and go as they please, but it would be great if everyone came to Wolfsburg at least. There are a number of VW museums in Wolfsburg and one of them contains 180 classic Volkswagens - we will be visiting this one at least!! I will do more research closer to the time.

What is included?

Flights and Accomodation. Entry to the museum is between €3 and €12 depending on your interests. The train to Wolfsburg from Berlin will be about €40 return and takes an hour. I'm not sure yet how far the airport is from the hotel so we may get a taxi or train.

I will have to book this by 18th May (Friday week) to get this price so please confirm if you are coming before then. We will need full payment by Friday week. Cheques can be made payable to Eircooled and posted to Claire, or you can pay by bank transfer (contact Claire again for details). If you are paying by credit card (PayPal) there will be a €15 charge as that will be the approximate cost of the fees to us. Click here to pay using PayPal.

The money will be sent to the travel agent on Friday week - we won't be holding it.

This will be a good trip - I can feel it in meh bones!!

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
If the airport is Schonefeld, the S-bahn brings you right into the city centre from there and its about 40 minutes or so if I remember correctly. Thats your best option.

I cant say yes to going on this yet but Im aiming to go.