Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

North West Monthly Meet

Pete67

Club Member
Club Member
December 15, 2012
Castlederg. NW
Had a good NW run myself on Saturday in the 64 splittie, with my dad and kids. Castlederg, Ederney, Kesh, Bellek, Pettigo, Ballyshannon, Stopping for the afternoon at Rossnawlaugh, then home via Donegal town, Ballybofey, Castlefin, Castlderg. First time been to those parts - stunning scenery lakes, coast, mountains. Cant wait to get back.

jim1500

June 1, 2007
Pete go for Sligo or Galway next time, the road through Glencar is fantastic :cool: although I was in bug first time on it and took a few hairy bends a bit too quickly!!!

Pete67

Club Member
Club Member
December 15, 2012
Castlederg. NW
Cheers Jim, that sounds like a job for the 67 Java Green!! LOL. Got the beetle back today from a service and tune up from Ken Irwin. My, Its firing well and wil be ready for those roads!!

CulmoreDubClub

Club Member
Club Member
June 9, 2011
Derry / Donegal
Pete, Next Run out is Dubshed, But I know you cant make it,
Then for April the Northern Retros Run for a a BBQ at Malin Head. Are you available for that ? 25th April ?

Pete67

Club Member
Club Member
December 15, 2012
Castlederg. NW
Paul,

I am planning to do the road trip down to Jumpstart, travelling down in Friday 24th and staying over in Athlone then heading on to Jumpstart. Then tripping it back on Saturday ready for morning worship 8:15am on the Sunday. That's the plan so far!!

Keep me posted about any more NW trips and get togethers planned, really keen to explore more and discover the NW delights, especially Donegal - my breath was taken last week on that trip, but I am told the scenery gets even more epic the further west ya go.

What about doing a run to meet up with the Dutch invasion that MART and those guys are undertaking, when they in the area?

Last edited:

Pete67

Club Member
Club Member
December 15, 2012
Castlederg. NW
This was posted in Marts thread. So what I can make out they on the north coast a bit then heading Donegal NW 2 - 5th June. I will PM these guys. would be great to welcome them to the area and meet them in their and our wagons.

Monday June 1: Not to fill in for example a visit to Dunluce Castle, Bushmill`s Distillery, Londonderry, walk along the Giant`s Causeway..

Tuesday June 2: This day we drive 175 km. to Donegal, we get along the rugged coast of North Donegal with ao Inishowen and Malin Head, the poorhouse in Dunfanaghy, Horn Head, the desolate peat area in Bloody Foreland, The Rosses, a really old piece of Ireland where Gaelic is still spoken.
We stay 2 nights in Donegal.

Wednesday June 3: Not to fill in eg a scenic drive to Errigal Mountain and the Poisoned Glen and through the deserted Derryveagh - and Glen Down mountains, or a visit to Donegal town..

Thursday June 4: This day a short but scenic drive of 100 km. by the Glengesh Pass to Glencolumbkille with a nice museum and the coastal cliffs of Malin Beg and Bunglass with its 300 meter high cliff and the highest mountain along the coast, the Sleave League, where a walk is (for the adventurous)
We spend the night near Ballyshannon.

Friday June 5: A long journey of 200 miles today, we pass graves of 4,000 yr old in Creevy Keel and Carrowmore, the beautiful Table Mountain Benbulben with a trip through the Gleniff Horseshoe, Sligo, head west along the cliffs at Downpatrick.. or by the Nephin Mountains and again a beautiful piece with beautiful cliffs Atlantic Drive on Achill Island and the sad remains of a village abandoned by famine in 1850.
We stay in Keel on Achill Island, a beautiful place near the beach and the mountains.

Last edited: