Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

nice bug on donedeal

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
Nice looking car but what an arsehole for making a comment like that! You can tell he's one of those car snobs you get at shows.

He's right though... didn't Rez find a field full of them the other day? :ROFLMAO:

Really nice looking car... in the pics, I wonder how it really looks. ;)

BRENDANGOBRIEN

Club Member
Club Member
November 11, 2008
clare
(UNLIKE THE 70'S UNWANTED CARS).WTF. I can understand some people attuide on this, a beetle is a beetle no matter what year it is 50s, 60s, 70s they are all part of the cars history.Iast year America's most beautiful beetle was a 70s beetle, the visitor choice at Volksworld show this year was a 70s beetle,so WTF!!!!

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
Not really. A '61 will always be more desirable than a mid '70s beetle, whether you agree or not; it's just a fact.

I wouldn't take any offence by that - you bought your car because it's what you want, not to seek approval of your peers, so it doesn't really matter.

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
Oh, and I mean more desirable in terms of the market, not the individual. I think he's justified in highlighting that in the advert.

BRENDANGOBRIEN

Club Member
Club Member
November 11, 2008
clare
Not really. A '61 will always be more desirable than a mid '70s beetle, whether you agree or not; it's just a fact.

I wouldn't take any offence by that - you bought your car because it's what you want, not to seek approval of your peers, so it doesn't really matter.

I bought my car, becaues it was the best car that I could buy at the time,and it was a beetle, you are probably right that 50s 60s cars are more desirable, my problem is that some people write off 70s beetle altogether

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
I bought my car, becaues it was the best car that I could buy at the time,and it was a beetle, you are probably right that 50s 60s cars are more desirable, my problem is that some people write off 70s beetle altogether

That attitude is slowly changing.. :D

beetlebug

Club Member
Club Member
January 1, 2010
celbridge
hey, found a picture of the fool who posted the ad.........

dickhead.jpg

i love my 70's cars!!

Aidan

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2009
Kildare
If any of you have a nice lateish '70's Beetle that you don't want then I'll be only to happy to take it off your hands (unwanted means free right? :ROFLMAO:)

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
its amazin what starts a debate/row?? i'd take any year of beetle at the mo

69bug

Bugless
Club Member
At the end of the day it's people's own preference of what VW they like, suits them, what they can afford at the time....No matter what you drive, or are working on, you'll always get someone's who doesn't like it......that's norm.....

"Everyone to their own" I say......

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin
I have a 70's Beetle but am not so keen to put a huge amount of money into it because I know that someday I'll have an early 60's one and I'll put my money & energy into that. As much as I love the Beetle in general, there's something about the 50's/60's ones that do it for me.... my two cents...