Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] Need a Bug engine ASAP

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin
Anyway... looks like I'm sorted for a 1300tp... had two offers today of complete engines so the plan is to pick one up this weekend. I'm away camping until the following Thursday so on Friday the new engine goes in, run it for the weekend and then transfer ownership the following week... happy days! Cheers for all the advice and support.

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Mick was racing and I was disappearing in his rear view mirror :) - great engines those 1500s. Makes my 1200 look very weedy.

Saw you joining the N7 this evening Michael - could have sworn I saw some dust on your car - did you not wash it today? :ROFLMAO:

You just needed to drop a gear!! drive her like your late for mass, and god's your passenger.
Ye cheeky F*** :lol: She actually was filthy. Could you spot that ?:(
Where abouts where you? should have called for a cup of tea.

LOL.... Jasus Michael you're going to be an easy target with your highly polished motor!.. one speck of dust and it's all over the web... LMAO

If the truth be known Aidan probaly took a pic and put it on rotten.com

I'm trying to sort out the rat look on the 1500 :lol:

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
Well I know with my 1300 I couldnt keep up with you and I was working the engine hard! I heard it ticking in the carpark as it was cooling down and it only does that if Ive really been caning it.

Aidan

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2009
Kildare
vwbeetle1500 said:
You just needed to drop a gear!! drive her like your late for mass, and god's your passenger.

Just more noise on the 1200 - I'll give you the keys some time - then you'll see...

vwbeetle1500 said:
Ye cheeky F*** :lol: She actually was filthy. Could you spot that ?:(
Where abouts where you? should have called for a cup of tea.

I was heading home on the southbound side some time after 6pm - you were accelerating hard down the sliproad for Dublin - your car still looked very well though, despite the filth :ROFLMAO:

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Well I know with my 1300 I couldnt keep up with you and I was working the engine hard! I heard it ticking in the carpark as it was cooling down and it only does that if Ive really been caning it.

When was that?

Just more noise on the 1200 - I'll give you the keys some time - then you'll see...

I was heading home on the southbound side some time after 6pm - you were accelerating hard down the sliproad for Dublin - your car still looked very well though, despite the filth :ROFLMAO:

I'll definately take the keys off you, mightn't give them back.
Ah I see, didn't spot you. Was clearing the cobwebs off her after getting a bit of petrol.

matara

Club Member
Club Member
May 17, 2008
Sydney, Australia
I bought a 1300TP off a guy in Mayo that rebuilt it as part of his apprenticeship and it had sat in his garage for 3-4 years. It started up first time, and runs great. It only cost 180 Euro