Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

NBOC Bugs@the Brewery Sat 12th Sept. Hilden Brewery Lisburn

Pete67

Club Member
Club Member
December 15, 2012
Castlederg. NW
Hi all,

thanks for your good will and encouragement. While I am on a roll, here is a SAVE THE DATE for a brand new one day static show in a great location. We have chosen Hilden Brewery for it is a time capsule of a place and we have vw parking in front of the Georgean house and also in the historic Stables (Tap Rooms) Courtyard. Check out Hilden Brewery online and imagine this place crammed with vws. The entry pack will include a gourmet BBQ cooked by award winning Tap Rooms restaurant. There will be lots for young dubbers too. There will be a press release (I am full of it!) and promo with finalised details coming shortly.

We are excited about this and ALL WELCOME.

Bugs@The Brewery
Hilden Brewery - 12th September 2015 - Starting Time: 11am

Join us on 12th September as NBOC proudly present Bugs@The Brewery. We will be hosting a family friendly fun packed day at the fabulous Hilden Brewery in Lisburn.

Whilst everything is still to be finalised we can guarantee a fun packed day for everyone that comes along.
We will be rounding the day off with a fantastic BBQ demonstrating the wonderful collection of VW's throughout Northern Ireland and beyond whilst highlighting the unique Hilden Brewery location.

We look forward to welcoming everyone to this unique venue and new event

Last edited:

Pete67

Club Member
Club Member
December 15, 2012
Castlederg. NW
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Guys here is a wee update on plans for this day. Should be worth booking and coming up for. Google images and see Hilden for yourselves its a unique and time capsule of a place. Throwing a lot at this to make it a great family day.

Gates open at 10am for show cars and as much as possible if cars can be in place my 10:30am (can be flexible for you guys coming a distance). [/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]NBOC and friends have been given the run of Hilden for the day with two very atmospheric main areas for vdub parking:
[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Front of the [/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Georgean House[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif] (we are thinking for our campervans)[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]And just around the corner in the [/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Hilden Stables Courtyard[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif] (we are thinking for our beetles, karmann ghias, buggys etc).[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]ENTRY PACK.[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif] £10 for adults and £5 for children for the show. [/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]The Entry Pack includes:[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]The TAP ROOMS GOURMET BBQ. [/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Hilden is also famous for their food. Hilden Brewery Tap Rooms Restuarant are providing and cooking a gourmet BBQ. The menu for adults includes 2 Dorans Pork and Leek Sausages, a Cajun Chicken Drumstick and a prime ground beef burger in a bun along with dressed salad and coleslaw. For children there will be plenty of burgers and hot-dogs and extras. So no getting out the disposables this day, we can all sit back, chill and enjoy.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]FREE ICE CREAM by the vintage ice cream company.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Young Dubbers Activities[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]: we plan to make this a real family friendly show with lots to keep the young ones happy. Including a Young Dubbers Craft Corner, facepainting, a treasure hunt, garden games, competitions and all free and as part of the day.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]WET WEATHER – NO PROBLEM[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]. We have access to much of the Tap Rooms atmospheric gallery and bar for the day.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Sunny Weather – Happy Days![/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif] As well as front of house and the atmospheric Stables Courtyard, to the rear of the Tap Rooms we have sole access to a contained walled garden and picnic table area – perfect for the Young Dubbers![/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Travelling a distance? [/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Why not book Lisburn Premier Inn who have rooms from £39 and let the craic continue. Some have booked already![/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]NBOC also plan to hold a fundraiser on this day such as a raffle and proceeds will be given to the Scullion family for them to give to a charity of their choice in little Oliver Scullion's memory after his tragic passing.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]PAYPAL YOUR SUPPORT FOR [/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Bugs@theBrewery[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif] at www.nboc.co.uk[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]All in all we hope this will be a very special day for the vw community and ask for your support to join us on this special day. Do invite friends and family who will enjoy a great day in a unique location and pack the place out! Now for the hard sell! NBOC are putting so much into this to make it a great day. PLEASE do support us by coming and also by using the online PayPal service (see [/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]www.nboc.co.uk[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]) in[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif] advance as we really need to give Hilden approximate numbers for catering. Let's make this a day to remember. [/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif][/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Approximate timings of the day:[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]10am onwards: Arrive, park up, settle in and enjoy![/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Throughout the day: music, garden games, Young Dubbers craft corner, facepainting.[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]From 1pm: The Tap Rooms Gourment BBQ.[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]2pm: Ice Cream.[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]2:30pm Young Dubbers Treasure Hunt and craft display.[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]3:30pm: announcements, awards for Young Dubbers, spot prizes (just a bit of fun really).[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]4pm ish onwards Cruise into the Evening Sun or to the Premier Inn![/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif][/FONT]

al_mcc

August 2, 2015
Ballymoney
Hi guys, want to add our flyer, hope you folks can make it to this fantastic event. All Welcome We now have paypal prepay option available at http://www.nboc.co.uk, you get a fantastic Hilden Brewery Barbecue and Ice Cream included in the entry pack. Fantastic venue, fantastic event. Hope to see as many there as can come !!

bugs3.jpg

Pete67

Club Member
Club Member
December 15, 2012
Castlederg. NW
Guys,

thanks for all your positive comments and encouragement. Well we had a great day and in sunshine too!! This wee show has marked a turning point in our re launched club which completely sold out!

We raised the bar with this one and set a new standard of show with more for kids and quality food etc in a lovely location. I am a technophobe but I will try and get some of the techy people to post some pics - we all love the pictures!!

The day started with a few of us from NBOC arriving and frantically setting up sound gear, running around the garden sorting the picture treasure hunt etc when first to arrive is William all the way from Dublin in his sweet camper. We were gobsmacked (love that word and need to use it more) that he came all the way from Dublin and was first to arrive, even having time to stop in the lovely establishment of McDonalds. William walked away with furthest travelled and major respect from us all.

William - I take you are Rascal1 above - well he was no rascal all day, at least when I was with him!

There is a young fella up here really into the aircooled scene and he has a real gift for car photography. Will see if Jack will post some of his pics. If anyone has any contacts in the industry - remember this fella.

Smiles all round all day from the youngest up!

This event will happen again and am sure it will grow.

COXY - don't camp - stay in the Premier Inn next time - a few of us did - and you are working too hard!!

rascal1

Club Member
Club Member
January 12, 2007
Marino, Dublin
Yes Pete67 is quite correct.This was a really nice show in a really lovely setting.It was certainly a family friendly day out,with lots laid on for the kids. There was some frantic colouring going on while us old anoraks admired the various cars on show. This was not a huge show but it was superbly organised and we got fed as well.The barbeque was great especially as it was professionally done by the Hilden Brewery crew. And with a home made ice cream for desert,I was happy out.
I could happily pass McDonalds on the way home..
Well done to the organisors for a great day out.

Pete67

Club Member
Club Member
December 15, 2012
Castlederg. NW
William we were humbled and honoured to have you up and to represent the eircooled legends. We had around 30 cars at this with over 90 people booked in for the bbq, ice cream and activities. This included every generation of bus - a splitty (and sound gear transporter, DJ summer tunes Beatz@the Brewery Jukebox!!), bays, t25s, t4 and t5. Beetles from my sisters newly acquired 1960 ceramic green beetle to a lovely mexi beetle. Car of the show for me was a new to the scene - mint 1964 silver karmann ghia. Chatting to folks I have never meet before with new to NI dubs and even saw a video from one member of a mint 67 lotus white beetle soon to come to the Emerald Isle.

As we say up north west - we are sucking diesel!

To be honest, this is the first static show by the NBOC is quite a while after a hibernation, we are still finding our feet and with only a month or twos notice to pull this show together. Will have the date out for next year with lots of notice and with all the buzz about this we know it will grow.

I have joined the eircooled to get all your promo and news and support all you are doing. Hope to get the Jumpstart in the diary again!!

we have a few ideas bubbling about a joint eircooled nboc gathering - aircooled alliance! Will be pming/badgering coxy and co soon!!

Last edited:

Pete67

Club Member
Club Member
December 15, 2012
Castlederg. NW
Aye wouldn't that be something. I got down to jumpstart and loved it. Would love to again and maybe get a Trip to Tipp road trip going from up north.

Have an idea for a unique Aircooled Alliance get together next year. If it came off would be great.