Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Meath meet - First Wednesday of the month, 7pm

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
Following on from the Dublin meet, which sort of fizzled out for one reason or another and given the number of VWs in Navan and surrounding areas, I am planning a meet in the Silver Tankard on the Kells road, just past Navan on the first Wednesday of the month, 7pm. Now that the weather is improving (he says, tentatively) it's time to dust off the VWs and get them out for a spin. I'd love to see a good turnout for this, so the first one will be on the 6th of April.

For those of you in Dublin, it's no more than an hour away, and from my parents place in Deansgrange I can do the journey in 45 minutes so it's not too far out of the way. Please let anyone who wouldn't be a regular forum visitor about it too.

Can I just get an idea of numbers please over the next couple of weeks and I'll book an area?

Cheers!
Ross

Brian Raftery

Administrator
Admin
October 25, 2006
Kiltimagh Co. Mayo
Good man Ross, With all the Dubs moved down the country now you should have a good turn out!

We are thinking of resurrecting the Dublin meetings as well, as there is still a bit of interest from some of the old members and there are a lot of new members in Dublin. I'm up in Dublin a lot more now with work so I'll be able to attend some of the meeting and we are only going to have the meeting on for about half of the year and forget about winter meeting in the dark and cold. Maybe we could move the location around a bit and meet up with the Meath group halfway between each place once or twice during the summer.

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
Yeah I'm sure we could organise something. Maybe we could do it somewhere in Lucan for example a couple of times. We'll go with the original plan this time around though so as not to go down the route of chopping and changing and nothing happening in the end. Is there any chance you could send out an email about the meet please just so the members not on the forum might see it? Cheers.

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
Bump... This is on this Wednesday.

In classic Navan style, there isn't a single business in the place that actually goes by its name on the front. The Silver Tankard is called The Martry now even though everyone still calls it the Silver Tankard. Unsurprisingly its still in the same location on the Kells road. It's the only large pub on the Kells road between Navan and Kells so won't be hard to find.

Can I get an idea of numbers please?

1) Ross & Aoife