Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

March 31st 2007 :: Workshop :: Brakes & Shocks

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
http://www.eircooled.com/showevents.aspx#BrakesWorkshop

The second in our series of workshops on how to service your own motor. Tom & Eamonn will take you through a full brake service including disks, drums, pads, lines, handbrake, and fluid. You will need to bring your own parts (which Tom or Eamonn will advise you on beforehand) and Tom & Eamonn will supply the expertise and tools required.

At the workshop you will be taken through a full brake service on a number of vehicles with plenty of time to ask questions and look at other aspects of your vehicle. Everyone will get a one-on-one with their own car, and then you will be free to look over shoulders as other participants get their car looked at.

This workshop will be free to all members (you may become a member on the day if required).

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Any definites for this yet? Thanks to Tom & Claire all workshops held at theirs will be free - a big commitment from them. We will discuss best format of this workshop at the Ennis meeting.

I'll be there anyways - never one to turn down some free teachin' :)

Ger

Club Member
Club Member
December 8, 2006
Ennis
Yeah: I'll be there for sure. My car has very recently had new Calipers, Hoses and Pads installed on the front but the brakes are still $h!&e.

If I pump them they work better but have overheated on me in the past so now I use them sparingly. Should I be looking at an airbag and better seatbelts or a new master cylinder. It's a dual circuit system

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
oxygenplasma said:
Yeah: I'll be there for sure. My car has very recently had new Calipers, Hoses and Pads installed on the front but the brakes are still $h!&e.

If I pump them they work better but have overheated on me in the past so now I use them sparingly. Should I be looking at an airbag and better seatbelts or a new master cylinder. It's a dual circuit system

The pads that the likes of FastFit put in are the cheapest of cheap muck - my last car, an Audi A4 had disks all around and the brakes failed on me due to overheating when I was coming down the Sally Gap one day - very scary and very annoying - it should be illegal to put cheap pads on any car capable of doing high speeds. Anyway - should do my own pads I guess. Maybe your brakes just need to be bled after a few miles of driving with all the new stuff?? What a complete uneducated guess :)

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
my friend is getting married that day - i might still make the workshop but i sure as hell won't be getting dirty or staying late :)

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
I s'pose - must check with Eamonn and see if he is still free - looks like it will be Richiemack, Shuggie and Declan then so - that's grand - if it can't go ahead I will let ye know asap :wink:

maybe a few surprise eircooled folk here too

richiemack

February 2, 2007
Galway
thegreenplanetblog.com
Great to meet every1 today, really enjoyed it, what a great day for it as well. Had a great drive home straight into the sun, and guess what? I didnt loose a drop of oil on the way home! Thanks so much Tom really appreciated all your help! Thanks to Claire as well for great chat an scrummy sambos!Oh an EAmon too!sorry for holdin up the show! cant wait till the next event!

edit:thanks Claire meant to say didnt!

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
Deckie27 arrived first - and the furthest travelled :shock: :)
w-shop2001.jpg

Brendan's bug
w-shop2005.jpg

Shuggie's bug

w-shop2003.jpg