Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

March 17th 2007 :: St Patrick's Day Parade

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
Details of this are on the club site but thought I'd add it here too for discussion.

http://www.eircooled.com/showevents.aspx#StPats07

'Tis a grand spot - very rural :) and plenty of space here for camping overnight or plenty of local beauty spots too for wildcamping :)

Last year, a few of us got together and were in the parade and it was a good laugh - the before and after party are pretty good too :)[/url]

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
There are probably over a 1000 at it - and a great amount of floats - fantastic variety - very home-made and humerous - notlike the big towns where it is mostly an advertising exercise for local companies - this parade shows true community spirit at its best and a great day out for the family :)

- 'tis in a lovely rural spot in a little village called Aclare - it is at the foothills of the Ox Mountains 8) (5 miles from our place)

We will be having a drive through the mountains that day after lunch and before the parade and should be some craic after it too 8)

I'll see can I throw up a few pics from last year 8)

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
This is the next get-together :)

Don't forget to get your flags and balloons for 2 euro shop in good time :wink:

Some pics as promised from last year!

now004.jpg

now001.jpg

now002.jpg

now003.jpg

brian.jpg

Tom

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
athy
How many bugs will we put in it this year?

Bugs -
Mine black
Claire - Herbie
Hugh - green
Brendan - orange
Brian - green....how about it Brian??
????????????

Campers
ours - orange
?????????????

Brian Raftery

Administrator
Admin
October 25, 2006
Kiltimagh Co. Mayo
I'll be there. I'll be in the Kiltimagh parade first and them I' go straight to Aclare like last year. Do you all want to do that aswell? I'm going to Kiltimagh tonight and I'll see if they would like a load of beetles in there parade too.

Brian

Brian Raftery

Administrator
Admin
October 25, 2006
Kiltimagh Co. Mayo
Hi Deckie
Yes that was me at the meeting in Terenure. I didn't have my Beetle with me cause it was still getting restored by Tom, and it will have its first unvilling at the parade.

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
Brian Raftery said:
I'll be there. I'll be in the Kiltimagh parade first and them I' go straight to Aclare like last year. Do you all want to do that aswell? I'm going to Kiltimagh tonight and I'll see if they would like a load of beetles in there parade too.

Brian

that sounds good actually - give us the details of the start time of the parade and starting point

I thought we could go for a drive after lunchtime but it might be quite nice to do the two parades 8)

Tom

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
athy
We will go in the Kiltimagh parade first and then on to Aclare - will be ready for a large cup of tea after all that :shock:

Bugs -
Mine - black
Claire - white Herbie
Hugh - green
Brendan - orange
Brian - green

Campers
ours - orange

Who else is coming then? anyone to drive my bay?

shuggie

Comrade Secretary General
Club Member
October 27, 2006
SLIGO
ACLARE PARADE

ACLARE PARADE

I'll be there, as my bug is green it should lead the parade - Claire sort it out with the grand master.

SHUGGIE :eek:

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
Tom said:
We will go in the Kiltimagh parade first and then on to Aclare - will be ready for a large cup of tea after all that :shock:

Bugs -
Mine - black
Claire - white Herbie
Hugh(Shuggie) - green
Brendan - orange
Brian - green

Campers
ours - orange

Dannie (SplitBusVanatic)
Ross (Airhead)

Therre should be loads more around for this!!!!!!!!!!

Will we get Sean and Mary in the orange camper and Joe and Mary in the blue camper and Noel in the yellow vert bug?

Who else is coming then? anyone to drive my bay?