Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Car] looking for a mint german looker

drifterex

Club Member
Club Member
September 18, 2008
Waterford, Éire
As per title, is anyone looking to get rid of a mint German look beetle? Looking to spend in the region of €3,000. Or even a mint car that's lowered etc, as I have wheels, brakes and so on. But most importantly a car that needs NO welding. My project is going on too long now, and seems to be going nowhere so I need to get on the road. Cheers.

Mark.

drifterex

Club Member
Club Member
September 18, 2008
Waterford, Éire
Yeah, that's what I've been trying to decide. Spend the money on mine, or just buy one with all the work done. I'm sure what I would have to spend on mine will probably be more than buying one, even if it was more than 3k. I've been wrecking my own head about it the last few months.

johnnyg

Club Member
Club Member
August 23, 2010
Athy
Spend it on your own car.At least you know what's underneath the shiny paint.

shifty

Eircooled Club Chairman
Club Member
March 21, 2012
Dublin 22
I can't imagine you getting anything mint for 3 grand but 3 grand would prob go a long way to get your own car mint.better off spending on your own car otherwise you could end up with two projects and still nothing to drive...like me ..:)

drifterex

Club Member
Club Member
September 18, 2008
Waterford, Éire
Spend it on your own car.At least you know what's underneath the shiny paint.

Exactly. But mine needs so much work, it could end up at twice that to sort it, going by quotes I've been getting. Usual spots, heater channels, floors, lower rear quarters, lower door pillars, and frame head. And a lick of paint.

drifterex

Club Member
Club Member
September 18, 2008
Waterford, Éire
I can't imagine you getting anything mint for 3 grand but 3 grand would prob go a long way to get your own car mint.better off spending on your own car otherwise you could end up with two projects and still nothing to drive...like me ..:)

And I def don't want that. The wife is already cracking at the garage being full of bits as it is. I have nowhere to put a second one, so I would have to shift mine plus repair panels first anyway. I dunno what's easier. Have been looking at one up north that looks good, but then you never know exactly what you have til you go poking

jim1500

June 1, 2007
Guy I know up here selling a mint 1303, merc red with cream sides, This car had everything done, pans, channels, tyre well, new doors, new wings. He was asking around £5000.

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Why not start a thread on your car, showing where you are with it in terms of resto etc and you never know who might be in your area that can help you with parts and/or advice.

drifterex

Club Member
Club Member
September 18, 2008
Waterford, Éire
Why not start a thread on your car, showing where you are with it in terms of resto etc and you never know who might be in your area that can help you with parts and/or advice.
I started one a year or so ago, must update it. General consensus seems to be to keep it and spend the money on it. If I do decide to do that at least it will be exactly what I want.

Robbie

Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2010
Dublin
Here is my Dads 1303s,

http://www.eircooled.com/deforum/showthread.php?10703-1303s-Forsale&highlight=

Its golf GTI red and could be the bases for a nice German looker. It on DD for 4500 at this stage. Its a nice bug.

DSC_0399.JPG

shifty

Eircooled Club Chairman
Club Member
March 21, 2012
Dublin 22
Kombi Pete has a gorgeous one but I think you would need to more than double your budget but it would be worth it.its a really cool car.

paddymac

Club Member
Club Member
January 13, 2009
Cork
I have a solid 1965 1200. Paint is okay 4/10 but very little rust. 6 volt runs well. Off for a charity drive this weekend with it.
Irish Car, 2 owners me plus one. Very original.

PM me if interested

Ralph