Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Car] Looking for a 1960s project

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Has anyone got a project Beetle they’d be interested in selling? I was asked last week if I knew of any reasonably priced 1960s project Beetles. I don’t but I’m hoping the folks on Eircooled can help this enthusiast out.
He is looking for a Beetle that needs welding work as opposed to a Quick ‘tidy up’ Beetle so if you have something suitable then I’ll pass on your info and some info/pics of the Beetle.

Last edited:

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Looks nice a nice project Jim. He’s not afraid to give the welding a go so I’ve passed on the link and I’ll see if it’s for him or not.
Thanks for posting the link Jim.

jim1500

June 1, 2007
Looks nice a nice project Jim. He’s not afraid to give the welding a go so I’ve passed on the link and I’ll see if it’s for him or not.
Thanks for posting the link Jim.

No probs, I'd say it's getting harder to find stuff like that, if it's properly untouched could be worth a punt, not so much if it's had resto attempts before.
67 only panels could be an issue as I well know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coxy

jim1500

June 1, 2007
That sold for £2250.................then popped on again as a classified ad for £3k with same seller!!!! It needs everything done! Have people gone mad???