Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Look what I saw!

Robbie

Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2010
Dublin
Hi all,

So I was at the Trim car show and I'm not a big one for remembering to take photo's but I couldn't help with this one. I spid a 6Volt beetle pulling in and it looked early so I taught hummm and when I seen it was a split I taught interesting. So with wife and child in tow a strolled over for a looky see. And sure enough she was a 50.

Original period wind deflectors, dash and interior. I taught cool!
DSC_0362.jpgDSC_0365.jpgDSC_0366.jpgDSC_0363.jpg
Then to my horror I seen someone had put early 70's lights on it front and back. I felt like trying to find the owner and buy it to remove them. Each to there own but this was'nt for me. Anyone know who owns it? Its on ZV's and left and drive. And of course I forgot a you have been spotted sticker!

DSC_0364.jpg DSC_0361.jpg

Kieran53

Club Member
Club Member
October 13, 2008
Cork
My dinner just nearly came up when I saw the rear. Can we all chip in and buy him ome period correct rear lamps?

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
YIKES! that rear view :(

looks like a nice car and the lamps could easily be changed :)

were the semaphores gaffer-taped up?

jim1500

June 1, 2007
Could have been a previous necessity! I saw an oval that came in from germany and had same treatment. Think they passed a law there about indicators etc at some stage and this is what happened to lots of those cars as an easy upgrade.

Hopefully they'll be put right on such an early car!

Robbie

Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2010
Dublin
I was abit sick myself and I think my reaction was evident with the family looking at me as if I was wired. The Dad got talking to him after I left. He was German and yes it was done to keep it road worthy. The semiphors were taped over but he informed the dad its original and he was looking for someone to do abit of work on it without talking the originality away from it.

Cf10

Club Member
Club Member
July 20, 2012
Louth
www.twitter.com
I was there today myself, and could not get my head around why it had those lights......cool that he's adamant to keep it road worthy, fair play!

SteveR

Club Member
Club Member
April 28, 2009
Knocklyon, Dublin
Stumbled across the show at the tail end. Got talking to a few of the water pumper guys from Vagdrivers/autosadt and the guy who bought the tatty 356. Good show, will definitely try and go next year.

Robbie

Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2010
Dublin
Have to say I loved the note in the window of the silver 356 "Do not poke rust bubbles, My rust Bubbles!"