Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] Lock set for a 1958 Bug

Robbie

Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2010
Dublin
Hi all,

As some of you are aware my bug was stolen from my garage along with my honda express. With allot of support from friends and on line I got the bug back before it was damaged to much. The scooter was destroyed unfortunately but again with support I may have been offered another to replace it. Mine was original Irish with two owner from new (1980) and still had the dealer stickers on it.

Anyway as the title says I will need an ignition barrel and door lock for my 58 bug. It had its originals before which is a pity.

Thanks.

BLZEEDUB

March 1, 2007
tipperary
its the dash mounted key barrel/ignition switch? AFAIR I have one with its original vw key - I'll have a root round for it tomorrow. I don't have any door locks; presumably the thieving scum busted this up? - I can usually match a key to a barrel by swoppin in the right brass tabs, if its salvageable...
...sorry to hear about your bad fortune with it being stolen; I had a Mercedes 190E stolen from outside my house about 18 months ago; same as yourself I got it back by plastering it all over social media for a week/10days, n it was spotted in a car-park in Waterford....

Robbie

Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2010
Dublin
Thanks Guys,

They got the keys with the car unfortunately. They were in it as I had been working on it in the garage that day and for got to take them out. So door and ignition are intact. I found a place in the US that does the blanks for the 58 model which seems to be specific to 58-59. I will have it back tomorrow as the garda are finished with it. I will take a picture when I get it back as and see what ignition it is.