Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

LIMERICK VW SHOW 2012 , Sunday May 27th

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
It's only the beginning of the Summer, yet I feel some hard decisions to be made later in the year when it comes to voting on the 2013 Calendar!!! A massive jump in quality of photos. :)

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Trev and myself enjoyed our day receiving VIP treatment from the Retro Classics lads, head massages and foot rubs laid on all day as well as someone for wafting a few palms over us while the sun was out...:p

VIP treatment....you mean the special OVER 40's treatment package they were offering??? :p

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
It's only the beginning of the Summer, yet I feel some hard decisions to be made later in the year when it comes to voting on the 2013 Calendar!!! A massive jump in quality of photos. :)

Now that you mention it - phone camera pics probably won't cut it any more, and now is a great time to grab somebody to arrange taking a few photos (if you don't have access to a DSLR) and want to have of your car/bus in for voting in the 2013 calendar.

I'm sure there are a few on here that would be up for a photo shoot. ;)

BRENDANGOBRIEN

Club Member
Club Member
November 11, 2008
clare
bit late on the uptake but just wanted to add that I had a blast at the show too, fair plar to the William's boys...

congrats too to Brendan and his dad, nice one/two for father and son for the post '68 class :D

Trev and myself enjoyed our day receiving VIP treatment from the Retro Classics lads, head massages and foot rubs laid on all day as well as someone for wafting a few palms over us while the sun was out...:p
Cheers and thanks Padraig, its my father's first prize for his car and to say the least he's over the moon with it.

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006

P5lWV.jpg

buggyboyshane

Club Member
Club Member
November 5, 2007
up north :)
looks to be have been a great day! some really talented photographers here too guys, love the shots of the people as much as the cars :) shows where the clubs heart is :)

beetlebug

Club Member
Club Member
January 1, 2010
celbridge
Looks like a great time was had by all... Raging we missed it, but thanks for the photos... Some lovely motors on view.. And well done to all concerned for the organization!

airnwater

Club Member
Club Member
April 9, 2007
Limerick
Great show & thanks from the Limerick Classic car club to all those who
supported it this year from all over Ireland ,some travelling long distances to
get to Limerick. It takes quite a few people to run a show & it's rewarding
to see nearly 600 cars roll in.

One guy even brought 10 vehicles !.....John Knightly's/loadsabuses BMX collection ,saw lots of people checking them out .

Music by Rez added to the atmosphere & was much appreciated ,even by the Mercedes
club !
Saw many cars wearing the 2012 window stickers by CM signs in Thurles ,looked very well .

High standard of cars at the show & congrats to all prizewinners, especially Wayne MacCarthy on VAG Best of Show with his green oval, it's been several years since an aircooled VW has acheived that at Limerick.

Great photos in this thread capture the essence of the show ,loads of people having fun with old VWs in the sun :)

Here's to the next 20 years !

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Great show & thanks from the Limerick Classic car club to all those who
supported it this year from all over Ireland ,some travelling long distances to
get to Limerick. It takes quite a few people to run a show & it's rewarding
to see nearly 600 cars roll in.

One guy even brought 10 vehicles !.....John Knightly's/loadsabuses BMX collection ,saw lots of people checking them out .

Music by Rez added to the atmosphere & was much appreciated ,even by the Mercedes
club !
Saw many cars wearing the 2012 window stickers by CM signs in Thurles ,looked very well .

High standard of cars at the show & congrats to all prizewinners, especially Wayne MacCarthy on VAG Best of Show with his green oval, it's been several years since an aircooled VW has acheived that at Limerick.

Great photos in this thread capture the essence of the show ,loads of people having fun with old VWs in the sun :)

Here's to the next 20 years !

Thanks for all your organisation. I was delighted to play again despite complaints from one auld fart in a honda hat.
One of my favourite shows of the year.
Roll on next year!

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
Auld fart???? I do believe i wasn't the only one complaining either! It got better when ya handed control over to the German though, sound familiar?

beag

Club Member
Club Member
July 16, 2009
Tipperary
Fecking touch screen, sorry pj, I'm did the same and disliked by mistake.
that was another good video of the day you made

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
Can anyone remember the name of the videographertakerers with the DSLR on a boom?

I want to look them up on Vimeo or whatever.