Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Limerick Show 2018 - 27th May

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I can't remember everyone who told me they wanted to camp the night before. There's a code to access the barrier. PM me for it please :)

shifty

Eircooled Club Chairman
Club Member
March 21, 2012
Dublin 22
Don’t think I’ll have the car up an running by Sunday, the stupid lazy bitch is fighting me tooth and nail to stay in hibernation but I’ll spin down as a passenger with mikey if it comes to it.

Reactions: trev

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
Ah don't give up yet Mick!! There's still three nights to work on it. Who needs sleep anyway?!!

Reactions: shifty

danzig

Club Member
Club Member
December 31, 2008
dublin
www.facebook.com
Is there a time by which you would have to be in to the racecourse on the saturday night if you are camping? I will have the bus up in dublin working on the interior all day saturday, and I'm thinking it would be better to drive straight to limerick on saturday evening instead of getting up super early on sunday, but obviously I may not get there till late in the night.

The other option I was thinking of doing is stopping in Obama plaza and having a kip on saturday night..!

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
The eircooled camping is in curragh chase, a few miles away. Curfew is 11pm afaik. if you can't get there before that time then yeah, Obama Plaza might be an option. Or Birdhill services a bit closer to limerick.

eyebrows63

Club Member
Club Member
September 4, 2008
limerick
Birdhill would be better , only 20 minutes or so from the racecourse and you’re still on the
motorway .

sam

Club Member
Club Member
December 4, 2006
Kildare
Curfew is 11 but once you have the code you can get in the gate so I would say you should be ok. You could ring them and find out.

sam

Club Member
Club Member
December 4, 2006
Kildare
0-05-2018, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by trev View Post
1. Rez
2. Trev
3. Joe
4. Pete66
5. Larry
6. Brian Raftery
7. Keithincork
8. Andy Beattie
9. Danzig (Barry)
10. Kieran53
11. Rocky
12. John (eyebrows63)
13. Andrew
14. Willsbug
15. Bugeye
16. tonyvw
17. Shifty
18. Chris Mothersill (chrismo)
19. Jean Michel
20. Eric Russell
21. Paul (sixobriens)
22. Garrett Byrne
23. Mikey
24. Eamon
25. Tommy
26. Aoife Bolger
27. Paul Kelly
28. Coxy
29. Rascal1
30. Brendan O Brien
31. Bernard McGuire
32. Drifterex (Mark)
33. John Healy
34.Paddy Mac. (Paddiad55)
35. Stumpy (Paul)
36. Sam and Lorcan

Reactions: Rez

stump

Club Member
Club Member
April 25, 2011
dundalk ireland
Can someone PM me a number for John Knightly please... I have wheel adaptors for him and can take them to Limerick if he's gonna be there..!
Thanks!

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Fair play to everyone who turned up today. One of the biggest aircooled displays in Ireland in years.
There was over 30 in the convoy alone and it looked very impressive when everyone rolled in.

Reactions: Coxy and andrew

stump

Club Member
Club Member
April 25, 2011
dundalk ireland
No Title

Eventually got home at close to 10 o'clock... thanks to a puncture on the N7.
The split pin managed to break or come loose on the gland nut on the rear hub.
The nut worked its way off, and with the wheel being loose... it managed to rub away on the inner arch eventually heating up enough to melt the rear tyre.

Got it pulled over and the wheel off.... so a quick phone call to Marty in Dundalk who jumped in to his van with some spare parts and headed up the road.
In the meantime Barry (Danzig) and Mick (shifty) both rang to see if they could help.
Liam Cummins (rascal) spotted me on the roadside, exited at the next roundabout and came back round to see if he could do anything for me.
So big thanks to everyone: Barry, Mick, Liam and Marty for all the help.

Got the space saver wheel on, a new 36mm nut and a split pin and made it back home.
So I'll be ringing VW spares in the morning for the new bits to make sure it doesn't happen again..

Thanks again guys.

Great day @ The Limerick show too!

Attachments

• photo25461.jpg
    photo25461.jpg
    411.2 KB · Views: 0

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
ah sheet!!! At least you got home safely! That's the main thing. I had tyre issues too in the beetle. The fronts are so low profile and the sidewalls so stiff, I didn't notice the front left had lost all pressure on the way into limerick. I don't know how long I was driving on it flat! I borrowed a footpump at B&Q, pumped it back up and carried on with the day. On the way home the damage to the tyre became evident: It was badly out of shape. So on with the spare but it's a normal height tyre and myself and duts had to raise the front beam and ghetto-roll the front left wing but it got us home without any further issues!!

to correct rez, we had FORTY Eircooled VWs at B&Q this morning! Full credit to everyone who made the effort to come along. Needless to say, the convoy was the longest Limerick has seen in quite a while and we we joined by many more aircooled VWs once we got to the show.

thanks to Stump for windscreens, Pete for the steering wheel, Steve for the bay window nose badge, Rocky for the hubcaps, Kev for the tunes and the offer of transporting the windscreen despite his van being loaded down with his own stuff. Great day of cars, convoys, chats, craic. Well done all and I'm sure we'll see you all again (and many, many more!) at Jumpstart in July. :)