Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Kilkenny meet

drifterex

Club Member
Club Member
September 18, 2008
Waterford, Éire
Fucking KFC will be losing our second Tuesday of the month trade very soon. If there was any where else open at that time. We need to tag their windows with more eircooled stickers, show em we mean business.

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Fucking KFC will be losing our second Tuesday of the month trade very soon. If there was any where else open at that time. We need to tag their windows with more eircooled stickers, show em we mean business.

I think we just need to come with our own mugs.
As weather gets nicer it might be worth having a small convoy through town and grab coffee elsewhere.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
good idea on the convoy but where's open on a Tuesday night? KFC and McDonalds really and McDonalds has some neighbours that I wouldn't like to leave my van near for any length of time.
we went to the M9 motorway services at Paulstown a couple of times a while back and it was a good spot but it's further again for the Waterford and crew to travel. Also, it's not just coffee, some of our attendees get their dinner that day in KFC. So any alternative venue would have to serve food too I think.

I'd be open to a change if we need it. I have no allegiance to KFC and coffee is coffee to me, I don't care where I get it. It would be nice to incorporate a short spin in the summer months, no more than half an hour though I think. But we need to find a venue with parking space available, food available, easy to get to, no further afield than a couple of miles of where we meet at the moment. But all I can think of at the moment are KFC, McDonalds and Paulstown Services. Anyone else got any ideas?

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
I’m actually happy with KFC as it’s a handy venue for most to get to, guaranteed parking right outside where we can keep an eye on the car and as Trev said there’s not much else open for coffee AND food on a Tuesday night. I’ll pack a few more mugs and coffee in the van in case they’re ever out of coffee AGAIN!

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Back again tomorrow night. Another good turnout last month but I forgot to take pics

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Pics from the last few months as i kept forgetting to upload them.
We're getting 10-15 people at these each month with regulars still driving from areas such as Waterford, Clonmel, Kildare, Carlow, Portlaoise etc.
It doesn't matter what you arrive in.
Just throw up a post if you fancy joining us or introduce yourself if you pop into KFC on the night. We (most of us) don't bite!

​​​​​​ IMG_4166 by kevreadedj, on Flickr

​​​​​​ IMG_4168 by kevreadedj, on Flickr

Great to see Mark (drifterex) back in his 1303 after his restoration. Thread HERE

​​​​​​[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gvrSkZ]
IMG_4713 by kevreadedj, on Flickr[/URL]

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
It's on again Tuesday 13th folks.
KFC Kilkenny, 7.30pm
All welcome, including newcomers!
see you there!

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
See ya there Trev. From talks on our Whats-app group it could be an interesting one with loads of parts being passed over.

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
On again tomorrow night.
We're usually getting 10-15 people each month. Would be nice to see some new faces as I'm sick of the old crew :lol2:

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
I snuck into Kilkenny under the radar for the last meeting on Tuesday and I have to say it was brilliant craic.
Non stop giggles with a sprinkling of VW talk and then the swap meet started outside!
if you’re ever in the area when this is on, you should make time to get to it. A great bunch of lads who are all about making owning a VW fun!
oh, and I got a cool Kilkenny meet sticker for my Beetle too (y)

Click image for larger version  Name:	F903D8F7-7C6C-4333-8A73-400227DE4EEF.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	220.0 KB ID:	391913

Last edited: