Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Kilkenny meet

drifterex

Club Member
Club Member
September 18, 2008
Waterford, Γ‰ire
If it'd start I would 😁

I think it's the starter is after shitting itself. Have to try to cross the terminals, and check for bad earths. Pain in the hole so it is. If by some miracle I get it going tomorrow I'll drive that, if not it'll be the other yoke.

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
Ya could just take the daily driver down ya won't be ridiculed......much! Unless it's a Honda, these boys have it in for the Honda

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
2 dodgy Hondas, 3 passats, 1 T4 donkey, one Derby, 1 beetle, and 1 (aircooled ) bike!

11 members in total.

Pity that we lost all the pics over the past few months in the forum crash but I'll try to update if I get a chance.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
Nice meet last night. Very much a winter meet with very few auld vws in attendance but as the weather improves and the evenings get a bit longer more and more will be there.

drifterex

Club Member
Club Member
September 18, 2008
Waterford, Γ‰ire
Some more

DSC_0960%201.jpg

DSC_1048.jpg

DSC_1531.jpg

DSC_1530.jpg

and finally one from last night

​​​​​​​

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Loving these meets each month.
12 of us there tonight. Most in daily drivers. Plenty of work going on in garages so it's understandable.

Trev had his first proper drive out in the Jetta. He has his own thread going on this so it was great to see the work pay off.

​​​​​​
image_zpsmcgoemf2.jpeg

Andrew took his customary drive down from Naas in his Fastback. Not a local trip!

​​​​​​
image_zpsqpo7hsle.jpeg

Relative newbie eircooled members Peter and Justyna decided to arrive in their Honda Prelude instead of the beetle. It's amazing inside and out and 100% original!
(Not a great pic)
​​​​​​
image_zpsxxmpb1yt.jpeg

And finally we had 2 first timers to the Kilkenny meet with Mairead and Kevin arriving in their 1302. They had the beetle at the Tramore show last summer but I never realised they were Kilkenny residents.
Again, a lovely car!

​​​​​​
image_zpsxxa2qasc.jpeg

Days are getting longer now so there meets are set to get even better over the next few months.

Great craic as usual. (y)

Last edited: