Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Parts] genuine vw mexican fuel injection parts

buggyboyshane

Club Member
Club Member
November 5, 2007
up north :)
Hi guys,

Ive broken 2 mexibugs/ 1998 so have fuel injection setups from both available.

seen guys modding carburreted bugs to run this stuff and seen them modded to create high horse power with turbo set ups etc.

fuel injectors, rails, wiring etc plugs wiring, throttle bodies,manifolds, 2x fuel pumps etc, distributor, coil pack

2014-06-13213125_zps07e0e49f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I'd be interested in a full setup Shane. Have you got the full loom and ECU too? Injectors, fuel rails, manifold, throttle body? Does it include the distributor, coil pack etc?

How much for the whole shebang?

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
Ooh spare parts!! How much shane? I broke an injector rail before be handy to have spares

buggyboyshane

Club Member
Club Member
November 5, 2007
Hi guys sorry didn't copy prices across, there's at least one ecu, possibly 2, a coil pack, shit loads of wiring, trev the main loom I hadn't thought of including as I thought someone would buy the lot for spares, but if you're stick yeah I could pull it out, the car is in use though.

As for value id stuck up 300 on vzi just to stick price out there, but hoping for around 250 Ish

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
if the whole lot including loom and ecu could be got for £250 I'd be up for it. I'd like to do a full conversion on my stock carb'd 1600 engine.

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
250 for the lot? I dont need the full set up so I could work with trev for whats left if that suits everybody?

buggyboyshane

Club Member
Club Member
November 5, 2007
It's the loom is the only sticking point, I'll have to see how integrated it is, there are I'd guess 30 wires in a bunch coming into engine bay to a plug. I've wiring diagrams and schematics for it all so worst case scenario it could be duplicated. I've had to remove the engine loom itself and just use coil, oil pressure and alternator wires, as the other connections were not needed. I have all the plugs and connections there. Guy on vzi actually makes a plug for 30 that can plug directly in and go through vagcom

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
Yeah we had a quick chat about that alright that end of things is trevs prob! Lol it is pretty intergrated though!

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
Dammit, I was hoping the engine to ECU loom would be standalone, separate from the car loom. Can any of it be retrieved?

buggyboyshane

Club Member
Club Member
November 5, 2007
The engine loom has a multi connector plug up at the top left, it is then in split plastic ribbed conduit right to the connections, I've majority of it there, the plugs are all there, the bits that I've chopped out could be re soldered in again and hidden inside the conduit? To be honest trev every single mexi bug has the same fault, the loom chafes on the fab shroud and shorts main coil lead causing big fires, both these looms you could see had been repaired previously. It is an easy thing to sort their all different couples and the plugs and wiring diagrams are not only coloured seperatelt but also numbered seperately 8)