Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Free to take away Transporter (67-79) GLASS.

Cossie guy

June 28, 2017
Hi I have a friend who is clearing a garden in Raheny Dublin 5, and found what looks like a complete set of windows for a transporter bus. There is only one windscreen, two door windows and lots of side windows and at least one tailgate glass. We would like to see it go to some use rather then just throw it into the skip,so if its of any use to anyone, its free to take away from Raheny.He will hold the glass for a week or two, but then its going in the skip so please Pm me if you want this glass and I'll pass on the contact details to you. Thanks.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
very decent of you!! I'd love that windscreen to keep as a spare in the loft but if someone is in greater need than I, let them have it.

Cossie guy

June 28, 2017
Thanks for the reply's lads, I would prefare it to go as a job lot. Maybe you can sort something between youreselvs on the windscreen. Pm sent Stump.

Cossie guy

June 28, 2017
Well done lads, no F@@king around, collected pronto, I couldent be happier. I dont know if they'll ever be used but at least there in the right hands now, thanks again and good luck.

stump

Club Member
Club Member
April 25, 2011
dundalk ireland
Thanks Cossie..
Tell me, how did he end up with a full set of glass from a Bay window VW....??

I had a good look around.. but there was no sign of the rest of it!

There were a few other pieces there which we took: they could be off a Squareback??

just curious as to how he ended up with it..

Thanks again,

Paul.

Cossie guy

June 28, 2017
I run a small Garage and hes a customer of mine. He knew I have a few old cars and asked me if I wanted the glass, which he found on a proptery his son has just bought. Anyway he arrived up with a car full of glass so I had a look and reconed it was off a transporter. I never visited the proptery and he told me there wasnt any vehicles there, after that it was just a case of finding it all a good home. There were a couple of small triangular (for want of a better word) windows which I dident reconise, but I'm sure if you posted pictures on here and they are off a Vw, someone will know what there off.

Reactions: stump

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
fire up a few photos , we might be able to identify. Original VW glass usually has a stamp in one of the corners. Often a shamrock for Irish made glass or a VW symbol and the letters "BE" for European made glass. There are other combinations too but it's something to look for at least :)

Reactions: stump

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
LOL! same here. I'm all at sea. It's not so much the future photos I'm worried about, we'll figure that out. It's the YEARS of old content that they've ruined IMO...

JohnnyMickey

Club Member
Club Member
July 7, 2009
Cork
Thanks Cossie..
Tell me, how did he end up with a full set of glass from a Bay window VW....??

I had a good look around.. but there was no sign of the rest of it!

There were a few other pieces there which we took: they could be off a Squareback??

just curious as to how he ended up with it..

Thanks again,

Paul.

So what are the Squareback stuff you have, post some pictures and i might be able to identify them