Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] Ex-Volksworld featured RHD 1954 Oval Ragtop

beag

Club Member
Club Member
July 16, 2009
Tipperary
I’m not going to start this advert by saying it’s with a heavy heart that I am selling my Oval or I wish I didn’t have to do this because those would be complete lies. I’m selling my car, not removing one of my own limbs!

What I will say is that I’ve really enjoyed my time with the Oval and I really chuffed to say that I owned a 100% rust free RHD Oval Window Ragtop Beetle!

Some of you may recognise the car from the full 4 page feature (below) that was in Volksworld Magazine and written by Jon Gilbert in October 2007. The overall look has not changed since then apart from the removal of the flowers and a change of wheels. If you are wondering why you have not seen the Ragtop out and about since then it is because it was sold shortly after the magazine went to print and came to Ireland where it was used for a summer and then put into dry storage. It was started on a regular basis and driven sparingly to keep it fluid. The owner then decided to sell the Oval as he felt it should be seen and enjoyed which is where I came into the frame.

I was like a kid in a toy shop when the time came to view the car and the reality lived up to my expectations as it was solid, seriously solid in fact. I have never seen anything like it......EVER! I crawled all over and under it looking for something to bargain the price down but nothing! It’s as good as anything on the market and I stand over that claim.......................and I’ve had some shit heaps in my time so I know a good ‘un when I see it and that’s why I had to buy this Oval. Have a sneaky peaky at the pics below and you’ll see what I mean when you zoom in on the inner quarter panels and the under bonnet area. I’d love to take the credit for the work but it was all done so well on day 1.

It’s got all the good stuff in place :

· 1641cc motor
· Berg short throw shifter
· Fully upholstered interior
· Banjo steering wheel
· Narrowed adjustable front beam

As you can see from the photos this is a seriously well sorted car with all the correct parts in place like the ribbed doors, semaphores, ‘W’ engine lid etc and all are rust free. The locking Berg shifter makes it a joy to drive as does the most obvious feature; the ragtop which was grafted in by a previous owner and like the rest of the car is in superb condition. If I was asked to mark it out of 10 I would say 10 because it’s a plug and play car. You literally have to do nothing but pay me in cold hard cash to enjoy the coolest model in the vintage VW range.

As is the norm for a car in long term storage I replaced the following prior to enjoying it:

· Brakes
· All Fuel lines
· Oil Filters
· HT leads
· Tyres
· Plus all other serviceable parts that were needed

The chromework is flawless from front to back. I have disconnected the semaphores and fitted LEDs instead for safety reasons although everything is still in place so you can reinstate them should you wish.

I’ve had a blast with this car but I have a camper that was supposed to be finished months ago and in order to do this I need to make room in the fun house by selling on my Oval.
Hit the 2013 show season running by getting ahead of the game with a ready to rock 1954 RHD Oval Window Ragtop Beetle. I invite any tests on the car – I cannot emphasise just how good this car actually is. It’s a minter!

I have tried to be as honest as I can........which isn’t hard when I’m talking about my Oval because it’s just so good. The car is located in Tipperary, Ireland which is only a short run from Shannon, Cork or Dublin airports. I can deliver to a ferry port if agreed and money has cleared blah blah blah!!!!!!!

Money time! I’m asking £7,500 sterling (or euro equivalent) for a fully sorted, show winning and magazine featured RHD Oval Ragtop.........and it’s a genuine RHD too and they don’t come up too often! Have a read of the feature, look at the pics and get in touch to put your name on the Oval.

Thanks for looking and if there is any information you need or I have left out, just ask and I’ll do my best to answer your questions.

1.jpg

2-3.jpg

More Pics here

http://s1015.photobucket.com/albums/af280/beag1234/54%20Ragtop/

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
sweet car, best of luck with the sale Graham. It'll probably head back to the UK though but sure, cash is king these days ;)

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
Congrats you both.

Does that mean someone here bought it?

duts buy it as a wedding present for the missus?

Ross trade in the dodgy diesel against it?

Liam decide that it's just too cold for a bicycle these days?