Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] Dual carb set up

Davegrohl99

Club Member
Club Member
September 9, 2015
Birroffaly
As it says on the tin looking for a dual carb setup for my 1.6 type 1 dont mind having to rebuild the carbs once everything is there
Cheers and Happy new year

Aidan

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2009
Kildare
Lazy Dog has dual Weber ICTs complete with linkage, filters, manifolds etc for sale €300

You'll find it hard to do better than that. Its hard to sort the junk from the good stuff if you're buying from a stranger. Reminds me of a thread on Volkszone where someone had carbs that he couldn't get to run right, offloaded them on ebay and bought another set off ebay and then complained because he'd been sold a set that the seller couldn't get to run right........

N13L VV

Club Member
Club Member
November 2, 2011
Glenavy NI
Yes ive a set of rebuilt Weber 44 idf's on ported manifolds and have new stacks fitted . also come with the red stack covers . £450

rascal1

Club Member
Club Member
January 12, 2007
Marino, Dublin
There are loads of people on here who know lots more than I know about twin carbs but I would think that 44's on a stock 1600 would be way too big. Thought there was some relationship between inlet valve size and carburettor vent size.. Maybe the wise ones will enlighten us or me at least.