Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Classic Car Track Day 20th April

T

TYNAGHBUG

Ballinasloe and District Vintage Club are once again holding a Classic Car Track day on Sunday April 20th. We would love to see some aircooled machines take to the 1500m smooth tarmac race circuit at Pallas Karting in Tynagh. A report on our last event has been covered in this weeks Retro Classics. On previous occasions we have had several Formula Vee's join us for some fun. Entry is by pre registration only and if you wish to take part please give Shane a call on 0879776386 to receive regulations and entry form via email. Entry is only €30. Entries close on 16th April so d'ont delay. Please see our face book page for futher details. Shane.

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
Damn I remember hearing about this last year an would have loved to have done it. If I'd known about it a few weeks ago I'd be up for it in a shot, not enough time to get ready for it now.

Last edited:

whatucolm

Club Member
Club Member
September 2, 2008
galway
i forgot this was coming up.i will try and make it,though me car is still lying up sick since last August!you should go Tsar-you'd love it!

whatucolm

Club Member
Club Member
September 2, 2008
galway
absolutely brilliant craic at this today.thanks to everyone at the Ballinasloe and district vintage club-what a sound bunch of people.
great variety of cars,from standard 1.0 starlet,to v8 single seaters and bike engined caterhams,(anything pre '93 qualifies,i think)and a brilliant track.
best 30 euro i ever spent.they have another one coming up in the summer,i think-ye'd be mad to miss it i think!
i got a little video here-thanks to Robert..

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
Giving it socks there Colm, held it nicely around 2.15 ish...!

Looks like great fun, stick up the next summer date whenever you know - I'd love to go along if it worked out on the day.

whatucolm

Club Member
Club Member
September 2, 2008
galway
i will do Padraig,would be great to see some more aircooled machines there.
it was a bit too easy find the limits today Pete-no grip at the rear at all-i put a BMW anti-roll bar on the front this week,and wondering if that affected it?good laugh though.

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
absolutely brilliant craic at this today.thanks to everyone at the Ballinasloe and district vintage club-what a sound bunch of people.
great variety of cars,from standard 1.0 starlet,to v8 single seaters and bike engined caterhams,(anything pre '93 qualifies,i think)and a brilliant track.
best 30 euro i ever spent.they have another one coming up in the summer,i think-ye'd be mad to miss it i think!
i got a little video here-thanks to Robert..

Nice one. I think you scared the shite out of your gauges. :D

whatucolm

Club Member
Club Member
September 2, 2008
galway
no,its still swing axle Tsar,i put limiting straps on it,but i think i'll have to change to irs soon-its a bit scary on fast corners or bumps

whatucolm

Club Member
Club Member
September 2, 2008
galway
not sure about the gauges Justin,but i definitely scared the shit out of myself driving to the track-it cant handle bumpy roads at all at the moment.