Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Cannonball Run 2011

rascal1

Club Member
Club Member
January 12, 2007
Marino, Dublin
Wrote to them at the start of the year and was told that they wanted to expand on the type of car/vehicle that was running in the event.
I assured them that I would not qualify as a muscle car but was most likely to be the "Lantern Rouge" of the event.
My number is 61,so I guess I was one of the early birds.It will be a bit different to the Eireball last week.Hoping it should be fun.

Last edited:

rascal1

Club Member
Club Member
January 12, 2007
Marino, Dublin
Best of Luck to Liam and Valerie tomorrow on the start of the Cannonball Run.....(y)
Valerie has just headed off with her son Charlie disguised as me. I have to attend my son's graduation today. Talk about timing...Going to try to catch up in Waterford,steal charlie's disguise and carry on from there. Charlie then drives my car back to Dublin..
The joy of having kids....

matara

Club Member
Club Member
May 17, 2008
Sydney, Australia
I'll be down in Westport at 6pm tomorrow (Saturday) to see them coming through. Won't have the beetle on the road, but happy to catch up with anyone else there. My mobile number is 089-4563982

Cheers

Steve

rascal1

Club Member
Club Member
January 12, 2007
Marino, Dublin
Finished the run yesterday in Kilkenny. I don't think I have ever driven the van so hard over 3 days.The motorway stretches were a killer and keeping the poor girl at 70-75 from galway to the exit for Tullamore was nerve racking.I was glad that it was a cold day as the oil was creeping towards 110C and if you lifted the oil light came on. But her honour had to be maintained and at no stage were we last or late for the dinner. The van was well received by the public and we got a great cheer in all the stops.Mind you they were probably laughing at us most of the time.Being asked to spin the wheels,or give her welly left me with no option other than sound the cow horn..
The roads out around Connemara were very kind to us as we watched sparks from under some of the cars as they bottomed out.On one occasion we were allowed to overtake a Ferrari.He was just too low. A lot to said for stock height.All in all a good trip. Met some nice people and some other types as well.Would I do it again. Probably not. But at least it is off the bucket list.

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
The lads were in Abbeyleix watchin them drive through when a bird that was stopped at the lights flashed her diddies at them. Lovely!!

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
Nice report Liam, sounds like you had great weekend alright. Any pics over the few days? Was hoping to drop to Bunratty or even Kinitty Castle to have a browse among the cars bit it didn't happen this weekend. Truth be told, I really wanted to get a glimpse of the F40, not too many chances in this country to ogle one of those...:D

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Might be able to get one alright but i couldn't post it on here in case it offends!
There was a top secret Eircooled meeting held this afternoon at approx 3:36 pm and it was deemed necessary that this picture be posted or Duts would be banned for a week.
Gospel