Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

CANCELLED :: September 12th, 14th 2008 :: Vanfest

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Folks, does anyone know for definite what the story is with public liability insurance at Vanfest '08? As much as I love the show I would suggest that it is not realistic to attend as a club if this happens. It is not just the insurance, it is the insult of it all.

shuggie

Comrade Secretary General
Club Member
October 27, 2006
SLIGO
iNSURANCE REQUIREMENT FOR VANFEST

iNSURANCE REQUIREMENT FOR VANFEST

I've e-mailed them again as the requirement is not entioned on the Vanfest website.

RattyOval

AKA Deckie
Admin
November 21, 2006
Ballytoooooole .............
Our major entertainment has been booked and we can announce "The Bogus Brothers" on Friday night and "The Drifters" on Saturday night; this is of course in addition to VANFEST regulars "The Brian Collin Band", "Druids Brew" and our Severn Hall Family Discos.

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
VANFEST 2008 IS GO

p181.jpg

Eircooled will be booking a club pitch again this year and we are organising a full package to try and get everyone travelling together in convoy.

DEPART 10PM THURSDAY 11TH SEPTEMBER (DUBLIN -> LIVERPOOL NORFOLK LINE)

ARRIVE VANFEST APPROX 11AM FRIDAY 12TH

DEPART VANFEST APPROX 2PM SUNDAY 14TH

DEPART 10PM SUNDAY 14TH FROM LIVERPOOL (ARR DUBLIN APPROX 5AM)

The ferry price includes cabin for 2, en-suite with shower. Also included is dinner at about 10.30pm and full breakfast as we arrive in Liverpool. It is an overnight sailing so you only have to take one day off work on Friday - you will arrive in Dublin on Monday well rested for work (and fed again) if you so fancy it.

The price for 2 adults including ferry and Vanfest tickets is €495 - this is a club price for bulk buying the ferry and club camping.

To book your place you must pay a €100 deposit via PayPal then email us your receipt and membership number. Click here to pay the deposit. You can also lodge the money to our bank account (PM for details).

If you require more tickets or passengers on the ferry we can sort that out later at cost price.

And remember - one lucky person who books this trip will win their money back plus €200 spending money - total prize value of €700!!! Your chances are very good!!

Deposit must be paid by 31st May at the very latest.

Remember Vanfest is not just about vans - there will be lots of Beetles, lots of entertainment, lots of craic, and lots of us hopefully.

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
I should have stated that you can still purchase tickets for Vanfest through the club, and camp in our club pitch, and then make your own travel arrangements. The tickets are 30STG each which is about €80 in total by PayPal if you want two. The point of the prize though is to try and get a convoy going (and to try and bring down the ferry price by upping numbers) so I reckon you will have to book at least one leg of the ferry trip with us to qualify for the €700.

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Check out www.xe.com for Sterling to Euro conversions right now - I was shocked this morning - Vanfest will be very cheap this year compared to last year for us Eurolanders.

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Another payment option..

Send cheques (sterling or Euro) to

Vanfest 2008
Eircooled
18 Chapel Street
Sligo

and Hugh has agreed (under hypnosis yesterday so he might not remember) to lodge them all at the end of May. Of course feel free to pay the full amount if you wish.

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
So far it is myself, Tom, and Deckie and associated family members and other women and/or persons unknown. Anyone else?

cormac

January 7, 2007
DUBLIN
Vanfest

Vanfest

Is this deal still on?, or is it to late to make this booking with them as in the show people

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
To be honest I couldn't be arsed with this since no-one else is. Nobody paid the deposit so we'll call it off and cancel the raffle thingy. If someone else just wants to organise a club camping pitch then feel free. Thanks