Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] Beetle window rubber aluminium trim

Kieran53

Club Member
Club Member
October 13, 2008
Cork
I've a buddy here in Cloughduv (ATK1 on here) almost finished restoring his '73 bug. We fitted the front windscreen last night but cannot finish the remaining windows as his aluminium trim is beyond repair.

Has anyone got this trim for the rear window (post '71 size) and rear side windows (post '65 size) in good condition before he has to go and buy a full set for over €100?

Thanks.

stump

Club Member
Club Member
April 25, 2011
dundalk ireland
i have one, possibly two side window trims. i will look first thing in the morning. i have no idea what condition they are in but you are welcome to them if they are any good.....

by the way they are in dundalk....

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
a word of advice, it's almost impossible to get the trim into the rubber when the window is in the car. You'd be better off putting the trim in the rubber while it's all on the bench then pulling the window into the frame afterwards...

Kieran53

Club Member
Club Member
October 13, 2008
Cork
a word of advice, it's almost impossible to get the trim into the rubber when the window is in the car. You'd be better off putting the trim in the rubber while it's all on the bench then pulling the window into the frame afterwards...

We know that Trev thanks. Only put in the windscreen as the trim for that was fine.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
what about the flexi plastic-chrome window trim? Might be easier/cheaper to source?

BLZEEDUB

March 1, 2007
tipperary
"
what about the flexi plastic-chrome window trim? Might be easier/cheaper to source? "​

You can buy this on a roll from e-bay, i was told... a member on another forum kindly sent me a half roll of it for the GL front windscreen seal on my mk1 caddy...