Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

beetle parts for sale

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
pair of 2-point front seats in blue/grey velour. Good condition.
rear seat in black basketweave
slightly crusty zoom tube
pair of aftermarket "peep" mirrors
padded dash pad retrimmed in yellow
pair aluminium decklid standoffs
set of VW rubber floor mats (front & rear) very good condition
aftermarket ignition/start switch assembly, very racy ;)
complete wiring loom with switches/lamps etc still attached
various other headlamps/tail lamps/indicators

will add more as I think of them but in the meantime, I have loads of stock '70s beetle spares, what do you need?

Gritz

Club Member
Club Member
January 10, 2008
Tipperary
hey trev, can you put my name on the rear seat and possibly the dash, can you send a pic of both to me..and a price please

cheers

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
cartonJ, I have a complete pair of 1200 tail lamps, I presume you mean the oval shape ones?

Brian, I'll get you pics soon, I don't know if you were thinking of the dash pad for your yellow baja or not but it's for a flat dash (i.e. standard bug and 1302) so won't fit the 1303. I'll get a pic up anyway :)

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
rear seat, the very top of the back rest is UV damaged and brittle so has torn. Could do with new covers. €40

IM000334.jpg

front seats, good condition €60

IM000335.jpg

dash pad, could do with a spot of glue in places, any loose ends of vinyl are clamped down by dash grilles, speedo, glovebox bezel etc. Looks smart installed. €40

IM000337.jpg

IM000338.jpg

1200 tail lamps, good condition, just a little surface rust inside one of them. Will sand out. The mounting studs are still intact which is a bonus, any other 2nd hand ones I've seen the studs have sheared off :( €60 the pair

IM000339.jpg

IM000340.jpg

rubber floor mats, dusty so need a wash but in very good condition. Smarten up your standard bug's floor :) €50

IM000336.jpg

Marko

Club Member
Club Member
November 16, 2006
Portmarnock "Way way out"
Hi trev, would you by any chance have tombstone-shape tail lamps, one's with clear section for reverse lights? Mine are just all red, and no bulb-holder where the reverse light bulb would be...Cheers.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
Thanks Trev. I only need the right/drivers side tail light. Would you take €20 for it.

CartonJ, I have another pair of 1200 oval tail lamps, they're not as good as the first pair. I would sell them separately. There's only one reflector though and it's a bit crusty at the bottom. Saying that though, I used it on my bug for a couple of years til I came across a better one. I have the shell, the chrome trim, the lens and the reflector. You could have the RHS assembly you need for €20...

Hi trev, would you by any chance have tombstone-shape tail lamps, one's with clear section for reverse lights? Mine are just all red, and no bulb-holder where the reverse light bulb would be...Cheers.

Marko, I could sell you a pair of tombstone tail lamps with reversing lamp lenses but being such a nice guy :blink: I'll let you in on a little secret: the bulb holder for the reverse light is actually part of the rest of the bulb holder/reflector part. The reverse light bub screws in from below and hangs down from the reflector. I have a pair of lamps (and curiously, another four LEFT ones and no right ones :confused:) that have reversing light lenses fitted but the lenses are some cheap Chinese replacement items and they've yellowed badly. (top left of pic). The RHS shell is still fitted to the wing of the car. Check yours, I'll bet the bulb holder is there already. Find yourself a pair of lenses with the clear bit, buy a reverse light switch for the gearbox and you're in business.
If, after all that, you're still stuck for a pair of lamps, the matched pair there with the yellowed lenses and reverse light bulb holders (!) can be yours for €40 :) Other individual ones can be had for €20 each or parts sold separately.

IM000346-resized.jpg

and the one right lamp shell, still on the car...

IM000347-resized.jpg

if anyone wants any other bits and pieces don't be shy. Ask and ye shall receive ;)

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
Marko, I just checked the bulb holders again, the hole is there to screw the bulb into but the plastic block on the back of the hole that has the contacts on it for the bulb isn't necessarily there. It appears it's the same as the plastic block for the indicator bulb (just one contact for single filament bulb) so if you check yours and find the plastic blocks missing let me know and I can sort you out with a pair of reflectors you can salvage the blocks from.

Brosna

Club Member
Club Member
November 1, 2007
North Tipp
if anyone wants any other bits and pieces don't be shy. Ask and ye shall receive ;)
I could do with a fuel cap - left mine at the petrol station a few weeks a go.
i also need a new aerial - mine is broken off at the bottom.
Cheers,
Dermot.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
Echo what Deckie said, new Hella aerials are cheap and pretty good quality.

As for the petrol cap, if it's the screw-in type a screw-in cap from a modern car will do the job, I've just tested the cap from my corolla and it fits fine and seals properly. If it's the bayonet (quarter-turn) type of cap, an oil-filler cap will do the job (note some oil-filler caps might need the two "tangs" filed down to fit but will work nicely. These could be stop-gap measures until you get a fuel cap but there's no reason why they wouldn't work long-term. Certainly better than the poxy push-in replacement caps you get at petrol stations...

Brosna

Club Member
Club Member
November 1, 2007
North Tipp
Cheers lads,
so are ye saying the aerial is just bog standard, got in any motor factors? - this why i like private massages, i dont have to show everyone on the site how little i know! still i suppose if i dont ask i wont learn.
trev the cap is one of those quater turn ones, so ill just get an oil filler cap, cheers.