Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Parts] Beetle Parts For Sale, Chassis, Interior, Shamrock Glass (Full set), Bits 'n' Bobs

colin

Club Member
Club Member
January 10, 2008
Monaghan
I'm clearing out the shed and trying to get rid f some parts I won't be using.
First up is the chassis
Picked this up years ago. I have no paperwork for it, Reg is JLI 449 http://www.eircooled.com/deforum/showthread.php?5779-JLI-449-NI-Reg&highlight=

The chassis is remarkably solid, now with standard beam.
The handbrake works perfect, the clutch and gearbox are all tight and selects gears easily.
Both beams in great condition. There's a standard anti roll bar with this too.

Chassis with Std beam SOLD
Adjustable beam - SOLD

Pics

Here's the worst of the rust on the chassis, It's in the drivers footwell. It's a small repair or is perfectly usable if you were building a track or off road car. The area around the battery tray is thin but no holes yet.

There's a full set of Shamrock glass in great condition. SOLD

HD front anti roll bar, with urethane bushes SOLD

There are loads of other bits and pieces to clear out.
These include all the fittings off the car I dismantled, Door latches, gauges, electrics,

I have a full interior for the car too, I'll stick up the pics in a wee while.

Last edited:

colin

Club Member
Club Member
January 10, 2008
Monaghan
Here's the interior pics.
The interior is in really good condition. All black vinyl, to suit early beetle (The one with no bump underneath the front seats).
The ashtray is missing from the rear doorcard and there is a small tear in the drivers seat (At the back, along a seam) This could be easily repaired. You can just see this in the first pic.

Interior (Full set) SOLD

The bodyshell is also up for grabs. The shell is pretty bad, but it has a lovely patina and would be a good base for an awesome ratlooker, if anyone is feeling brave enough.

One last thing - A set of Weitec lowering springs for a 2000 Mazda 323F. Never fitted. These will lower the car 40mm front and rear if there's and secret ricers out there.

If there is any interest in the items, drop me a PM or reply to this thread, I'm easy enough talked to.

Last edited:

colin

Club Member
Club Member
January 10, 2008
Monaghan
The quater light are complete minus the rubber as it was finished.
and they will come along with the rest of the windows

Thanks,

colin

Club Member
Club Member
January 10, 2008
Monaghan
I'll get some better pics of the quarter lights later. the chrome on these windows is excellent.
The window lifter channels on the front windows are useable but not fantastic condition.