Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Car] beetle or t25

mcfanta

Club Member
Club Member
February 3, 2012
limerick
Ok guys I just finished my jetta mk2 and tbh iv lost interest in it. So looking for a beetle any year really as long as some-what repairable. No rust buckets well within reason. Or else a t25 maybe for a camper van conversion. But id prefer a beetle. So what is out there. The nearer limerick the better. Cheers

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I have a type25 in the for sale section, have a root around, you'll find it. I was going to break it but it wouldn't take much to restore it. I'm not near Limerick though, I'm in Laois.

mcfanta

Club Member
Club Member
February 3, 2012
limerick
ive a black 75 bug up for 1100 in sale section.sounds like what your after...
Lovely looking project. Needs a respray and floor pan. I know there is only a small few holes but thats only the start of it. Im not docking it dont get me wrong but id prefer to wait a little longer and see what else pops up. Ill defo keep it in mind tho lad. Cheers

walshe

Club Member
Club Member
August 3, 2009
athy
ive a black 75 bug up for 1100 in sale section.sounds like what your after...

The above can be sat into and driven away and driven for a while before you need to do the pans or paint it, you wont get one too easy under a grand that you can drive straight away.
It's not hiding anything behind nice fresh paint, it is as honest a car as you can get i would say.

Just my 2c

58Panel-Youny

Club Member
Club Member
November 26, 2009
wicklow
Lovely looking project. Needs a respray and floor pan. I know there is only a small few holes but thats only the start of it. Im not docking it dont get me wrong but id prefer to wait a little longer and see what else pops up. Ill defo keep it in mind tho lad. Cheers

Well fair play if you get better than that car for a grand......

mcfanta

Club Member
Club Member
February 3, 2012
limerick
The above can be sat into and driven away and driven for a while before you need to do the pans or paint it, you wont get one too easy under a grand that you can drive straight away.
It's not hiding anything behind nice fresh paint, it is as honest a car as you can get i would say.

Just my 2c
Ohhh i dont doubt it one bit. Iv my fair share of project gone through so I know exactly what your talking about. Alot of the shiny never resprayed cars out there are minters on the outside and buckets of dust underneath. Im having a serious think about it. There is a 73 1200 only 5min from home in a hay barn and im currently tryin to convince the auld biddy to sell it to me. Not working tho haha. But if all else fails its a defo candidate

biddlebop

Club Member
Club Member
November 8, 2010
westmeath
have a 83 diesel t25 camper hi top for sale driving taxed needs a few jobs to tidy up what you see is what you get @1200 ovno it aint at mad money either in the midlands if interested and its registered as a camper kombi seen it and he could give you a lowdown on it all done up its probably double the value so you coudnt loose out on it i am selling it as i am doing up a bay at the moment

colm

March 19, 2012
Cork
Hey Mc Fanta , I doubt if you will get a beetle , thats not a rust bucket for under €1000 , If you do grab it in both hands ,
anything that only needs floor pans is easily repairable , just remember that the body bolts off very easily .
did you ever look at the lhd convertible that was offered to you on vag
best of luck with your search
colm

mcfanta

Club Member
Club Member
February 3, 2012
limerick
Hey Mc Fanta , I doubt if you will get a beetle , thats not a rust bucket for under €1000 , If you do grab it in both hands ,
anything that only needs floor pans is easily repairable , just remember that the body bolts off very easily .
did you ever look at the lhd convertible that was offered to you on vag
best of luck with your search
colm
No I didnt dude.

Paul

mcfanta

Club Member
Club Member
February 3, 2012
limerick
Ok guys and gals. I got sorted out dis evening. Pulled a beetle out of a hay barn today. 93000 miles one owner and in pretty alright order. Not perfect but alright. Got it for a steal. One thing? Any idea how old it is. The reg is 104 HIU? I know its limerick but thats about it haha

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
oohhh barn finds....pics pics pics pics pics pics!!! Can't help with year either sorry

mcfanta

Club Member
Club Member
February 3, 2012
limerick
Thats her at the mo. Not bad for 200 notes. Need 4 wings and the is only a tiny tiny hole on the floor pan. Easily fixed. The 1200 may get the road as it wouldnt really float me boat. Id love a 1600 for the right mula

Attachments

• 579753_3616508262826_1577454402_2764515_1373452649_n.jpg
    579753_3616508262826_1577454402_2764515_1373452649_n.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 72

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Gonna hazard a guess at a 78 base model

edit: damn you Coxy with your fast typing