Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] Beetle Door Frames - Wanted

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Guys...I'm in need of both LH & RH door window frames from a Beetle as soon as possible.

Just need the door frame that goes around the window, not the whole door. So if anyone has any crappy doors that are completely rusted on the cills then I'll happily take them off you for a few pound! ;)

Tks!

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
there's a left door left over here from the resto of Paul's beetle, it's been repaired at the bottom but is rusty again. He's away in Oz at the moment but it's basically scrap so I reckon if you want it he'd be happy for you to have it. If you don't take it, it's going to be scrapped when the crusher takes away my scrap metal.

Rocky

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2008
North Wexford
I've a right door (& a left if Pauls is not available), doors are shot but frames should be ok, i'll check in the morning.

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Cheers guys...here's a pic of what I need. I'm sure both doors, even rusty will have good frames on them. Rocky, if you have both I can pick them up from you, save having to do 2 trips. If you don't fine, I'll take a spin down to you Trev too and bring that other shelf and the same time.

doors.jpg

Rocky

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2008
North Wexford
Left one doesn't look great, the right one should be ok ...

Attachments

• DSCN2496.JPG
    DSCN2496.JPG
    364.2 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCN2495.JPG
    DSCN2495.JPG
    384.4 KB · Views: 81

Rocky

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2008
North Wexford
John, I can cut the window frame off & bring them with me to work, if they're no good give Liam a shout, he's only up the road from you.

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
I should have two aswell if all else fails they're goin for scrap once i take the one piece windows out

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Wow...so many options! :)

Rocky, they look ok for what I want them for. If you can cut them off and bring to work that would be great. Just let me know when you have them up and i'll drop over to you.

Thanks Liam & Duts, I'll keep you both in mind if the ones Rocky has aren't enough! ;)

Rocky

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2008
North Wexford
Too lazy now to go out and cut them .... i'll do it tomorrow evening if i get home reasonably early so should have them Tues/Wed ... i'll be passing thru newlands cross on wed at around lunch time if that helps.

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Too lazy now to go out and cut them .... i'll do it tomorrow evening if i get home reasonably early so should have them Tues/Wed ... i'll be passing thru newlands cross on wed at around lunch time if that helps.

Wednesdays perfect...thanks!