Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Bay Window Camper for Sale

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
This is a 1972 Genuine Dormobile with a very original interior and a recently restored body (2007). The engine is a brand new VW 1600 with just under 10k on it to date. This vans drives as well as any you will drive and looks beautiful. This is a family camping bus ready to rock and roll.

Bodywork

All Welding and Resto Done in 2007 by Tom Roberts
Full Respray and Waxoyled
Aprilia purple over VW L90
Lot's of photo's available

As this is my daily driver there are a few small stone chips but the bodywork is basically 100% straight, rust free, and needing absolutely nothing body wise. The wheels have genuine OEM hubcaps (no cheap Brazilian crap) and the wraparound bumpers and everything else are 100 solid metal with no dents or bumps. All lights and stuff work.

Mechanical

New VW Mexico Engine from GSF Fitted (still under guarantee)
New Kafir Carb fitted (expensive German made carb!)
New Aircooled SVDA Distributer Fitted (expensive USA made dizzy!)
All New Bosch Leads, NGK Plugs, and Misc Service Components
New Accelerator Cable
New Clutch Cable
New Rear Shocks
New Brake Hoses
Fuel Vapour Lines Replaced
New CV Joint Rubbers
Brakes Bled
All Points Greased
Steering Bearings Replaced
Front Shocks Replaced
New Fuel Lines
Reupholstered Buddy Seats
New Carpet
New Curtains
New VW Rubbers on Most Windows
New VW Doorseals
Fitted Opening Quarterlights
New 80Ah Leisure Batter Fitted
Reversing Lights Fitted
Deluxe Clock Fitted

The van does 65/70mph easy and 75/80mph if you really want. It doesn't overheat, it starts first time, it returns good mileage (22+) for a 1600, and it is completely reliable. The brakes work perfect (discs up front) and the steering to tight and responsive. The gear linkage couplings have been replaced and it never drops out of gear or goes into the wrong gear. There are new heat exchangers that work excellently and she runs on fully synthetic oil with no leaks or issues. Everything on this van is stock or in the spirit of running stock at least so all parts are available in Otto or GSF.

Camping & Interior

Original and lovely Dormobile D4/6 interior - sleeps 4, seats 6. I have gone on a mission to replace or repair this interior to the standard it is at. There are now two original Dormobile buddy seats, a genuine Dormobile table, a genuine Dormobile icebox (keeps food cold for 4 days in the height of summer and doesn't cost a penny or make any noise), a wardrobe, sink and drainer, 2 ring cooker and grill, 3 generous presses, running water, underbed storage, and a huge pop top with brand new skylights (genuine Dormobile) and 2 bunk beds (and also very rare Dormobile bunk bed covers. The pop top even has curtains and a shaving mirror. When the pop top is up there is 8 foot of headroom and lots and lots of natural light in this van. This van also has seatbelts in the back (1 x 3 point roller, 1 x lap) and front (2 x 3 point roller) and the two buddy seats are rear facing and fixed to brackets so legal to sit in when driving.

ICE

There is an amplifier, 6 speakers, a Pioneer head unit, and a Pioneer 6 CD changer (installed in the back wardrobe). This is not a boy racer sound system but it sounds sweet and looks neat.

Tax, NCT, and Insurance

Tax is €47 a year, NCT is not required, insurance ranges from €57 to €330 as a second car depending on what else you drive and what level of insurance you want. As you only car it will be €660 to insure comprehensively with Axa. It is on Irish plates and ready to drive.

Price

€15,000 o.v.n.o

Pictures

4757451513a6928970450l.jpg

4757451513a6928959640l.jpg

4757451513a6928959746l.jpg

4757451513a6928959794l.jpg

4757451513a6928959697l.jpg

4757451513a6928959849l.jpg

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Me and Cosy were behind you last week in Galway in the Tow truck and ye wouldnt even say hello when we stopped !

I saw someone in a towtruck waving at me alright one day - I didn't see you stopping though (I would have been scared if I did - bad karma a towtruck stopping for you!!!) Thanks for waving though!!

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
If anyone is interested in this make me an offer. If I got €13,500 this week I would take it. I'm going to try and sell it a lot more seriously next week.

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Yes it is still for sale. The carb is playing up a bit lately so it needs to be taken to a pro (The King above might be the man) and tuned properly.

My number is 087 2960066 if you want to see it.

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Another dude (not on here) came to see this last night. I was an awful prick. I now know I can't sell poor Wanda. I have hardly tried and last night I didn't have to try and I couldn't. I told the dude (who was obviously smitten) I wanted €15k and he offered me €14k. So I said "no - €16k is the price now". He went away less than impressed.

NOT FOR SALE - I CAN'T DO IT

So anyways - time to get her ready for another summer now.