Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] Bargains on DoneDeal

chewy356

Club Member
Club Member
April 4, 2012
Meath (Ashbourne direction)
General question- not having time or money for a project like this but ...... if you come across a good body for say a KG or a T3 , and all the parts were lost so don't come with the raw body, do you take it on and bet that you come across a donor with the parts you need at some point in the future?

reason it comes to mind, I happened across Wayne Carini (sp?) chasing classic cars the other day and he was in a half collapsed barn of a guy who used to restore model A's and he had literally hundreds if cars worth of parts in an attic but no bodies and I was thinking the parts are two a penny off rotten bodies - get a good body and you will find the parts eventually?

Reactions: GhiaBear

wackerwacker

Club Member
Club Member
November 24, 2009
waterford
General question- not having time or money for a project like this but ...... if you come across a good body for say a KG or a T3 , and all the parts were lost so don't come with the raw body, do you take it on and bet that you come across a donor with the parts you need at some point in the future?

reason it comes to mind, I happened across Wayne Carini (sp?) chasing classic cars the other day and he was in a half collapsed barn of a guy who used to restore model A's and he had literally hundreds if cars worth of parts in an attic but no bodies and I was thinking the parts are two a penny off rotten bodies - get a good body and you will find the parts eventually?
Ghia trim and interior parts are hard to find and not cheap

So a rotten car but complete still fetch good money

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
Same would apply to T3 fastbacks, squarebacks and notchbacks. A few bad cars scattered through out Ireland if you have the time and inclination to make or repair the body parts, otherwise you need very deep pockets and patience for NOS to turn up.

BLZEEDUB

March 1, 2007
tipperary

...dunno about a bargain, but it this 1300S has been liberated out of the shed...

Previous restoration that needs restoring again, which probably won't fill an potential buyer with optimism, but I spose it did get saved at that stage....

Reactions: NoahR

BLZEEDUB

March 1, 2007
tipperary
...I've always wondered if there was a trend of 'badging up' 1600's as 1300S' - as I mentioned on another thread on these I remember one on an estate in Monaghan - same estate as one of the relatives lived n it was definitely orange but had 1300s badging.
That one was modded with flared wings n wide Weller n 'a duck tail' - I was a kid at the time n he showed us round the car n started it up; sounded very lairy - the owner seemed fairly sure it was 'a real 1300s' as I remember him explaining about the insurance n the 'different name of the tin' marketing ..

On another note, it's a shame really their isn't some of these 70s n 80s modded or souped up Irish beetles recreated or 'tribute to' builds - I remember getting the gra for bugs cause of these sort of cars, rather than any 'cal looker' which i didnt even know about ...they were everywhere when I was growing up n each one seemed very different from another

jim1500

June 1, 2007
Iā€™ve seen a few of the 80s bodykit whaletail type bugs with Weller 8 spokes up here restored to high standard, all part of the history! Iā€™ll dig out pics if I can

Reactions: Coxy

jim1500

June 1, 2007
7D7AB5CB-27A2-4B67-A0D1-AD93A2A9F44D.jpeg

Reactions: BLZEEDUB