Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] Bargains on DoneDeal

jim1500

June 1, 2007
We normally look back with nostalgia 👀 the 80s had a lot to answer for! I still like to see stuff like this at shows as all part of Beetle history. Guy up here has an immaculate red one in that style.

Reactions: wackerwacker

KD1984

September 28, 2015
Omagh
FMC Auctions facebook
This beetle pickup was posted on the NBOC Facebook page a while ago, along with a Baja. Think the owner had passed away & grandson was trying to get an idea of value.
It’s up for auction next weekend in Ballymena

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
Yeah I looked at that about ten times lastnight just see if I missed something. Very cheap car if nothing been hidden
Its a beetle, its had work on the heater channels, its a fair bet that that there is work hidden away to be done. You would expect that for the low money thats being asked.

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
https://www.donedeal.ie/view/35067068
Volkswagen Squareback
1500 quid for a square back is unheard of now a days
There is a reason for 1500 quid. Unless you have extreme restoration panel making skills, then this car is not for you. My own squareback is taking panel making to a level above welding in bought panels. Panels are not available, unless you are extremely lucky and have loads of money.

I looked at this car yesterday, and realistically its a parts care, unless you are extremely ambitious. It needs all the usual repairs and some. Front inner bulkheads, heater channels full length, floor pan edges, door bottoms, skins. Rear wings repairs. , inner rear wings full repairs on body shell. Rear tail panel which is there.

And repairs to a fuel injected system where engine is turning. Roof front bonnet, tailgate and front wings are in great shape., its a body off job with good panel making ability. If all that dont scare you and you plan a day down to look at it, then call in to me at N91X384 which is 1/2 mile away from chris, and i will show you mine on the lift with wings off and you can see the type of repairs you will be facing if you want. It would clear up things for you .
Or check out my thread on a squareback resto that has loads of pics to show you whats ahead of you on this car...https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058098814/1967-vw-variant#latest

Of course anything is restorable if you have the time, patience and skills

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
Here are a couple of pictures of the types of repair you will need on this car. This is my squareback which is in very similar shape, probably a bit better than the one for sale. First one is view from below the drivers side rear. Second one is a full replacement and making of the right hand heater channel and external cill. This has an outer, an inner cill a heater tube and an inner heater channel section.Third shows the heater channel fabbed up for marking. Fourth one shows the heater channel before any work. I made and installed the heater channels with the body still attached to the car, so that was a time and space saver. Like i said, if any potential buyer of the squareback wants to look at one up close to see whats ahead of them, I am here all the time and will be glad to show you whats facing you. I found the front bulkheads the trickiest panels to make, but you could buy them at 1500+ for the 2 if you are lucky enough to source them. I have the front fully repaired , and the drivers side as well, thankfully.

Attachments

• IMG_0416.JPG
    IMG_0416.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0388.JPG
    IMG_0388.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0325r.jpg
    IMG_0325r.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0316r.jpg
    IMG_0316r.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
At the front end you are going to be facing similar repairs to this, and probably worse. Bumper bracket panels are available, sometimes. Fuel tank supports and suspension mounting s always need repairing, you will have to make one hand and the other hand is sometimes available.front clip always goes here so it will need a likewise repair. And the spare wheel tub will need repair as well as rust is in there too.

Attachments

• ZlD5FWC.jpg
    ZlD5FWC.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 7QGZUH1.jpg
    7QGZUH1.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 54
  • bTQuuNv.jpg
    bTQuuNv.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 57
  • FBcuckX.jpg
    FBcuckX.jpg