Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] Bargains on DoneDeal

NoahR

Club Member
Club Member
February 24, 2021
Co. Dublin
www.youtube.com
Started off at 11000 a few weeks ago so thats a fair drop in price, not my cup of tea though. Type 3 's are not as popular as beetles, even tho they are rarer and a more comfortable drive. And not everyone is prepared to restore one. I tried for months to sell my white one before the resto, even offering to give it away, but no takers. I'd say that fastback van will be tricky enough to move on, but whatever floats your boat.
I would love anything Irish built but by the time I have the time, space and money for one I won’t be able to afford one sadly

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
Personally, Irish built or otherwise is all the same to me, a car, is a car , is a car. Aircooled of course. Its only a number plate we are talking about after all. Preferably I would be keener on a german built.

Last edited:

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I would love anything Irish built but by the time I have the time, space and money for one I won’t be able to afford one sadly
don't be so sure Noah, there's always bargains that pop up now and then. Keep your eyes open and when the time is right, something will come along.

Reactions: NoahR

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
Even for a crispy one its not too bad, so solid would be a major bonus, and from the pics its pretty straight looking.
it's a Wizard Roadster. By its nature it's going to have a large quantity of fibreglass and filler in it.

My fear would be that while they were fitting the fibreglass kit, they might have looked at the rusty channels and then over at the buckets of fibreglass and filler and come up with an idea to fix the rust using what they had to hand. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Reactions: NoahR and Tim

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
it's a Wizard Roadster. By its nature it's going to have a large quantity of fibreglass and filler in it.

My fear would be that while they were fitting the fibreglass kit, they might have looked at the rusty channels and then over at the buckets of fibreglass and filler and come up with an idea to fix the rust using what they had to hand. I'd love to be proven wrong though.
Thats true, but even rusty bags of shite are going for silly money, once it has a vw badge on it. Asking price and what it sells for are 2 totally different things as you know. But as you say a rusty base covered up with either metal of fibreglass is still a rusty base. I wonder how many wizards are actually out there?